ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at different options. was looking at other hoses then samco. what are your thoughts. like obx or something I was on ebay?
thanx

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
interesting
thanx

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I have the perrin inlet, and while they aren't ic hoses, their products are good, but i'd still go with samco if the money isn't an issue, etc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have Samco Red Y hose and TB hose for sale.
85 shipped.

Used for few k miles and in perfect condition of course.

Sorry for the thread jack, but I say go with Samco or Perrin. I had good experience with Samco and my friend had a good one with perrin.

-soul

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry not interested as I got a metal intercooler pipe for real cheap. but still questioning if I want the entire kit or what. thermistat for sure. but questioning what hoses I want or if. I got the stock one's with 60k on them I guess but how long are they going to last? from what I have read it sounds like turbo cars are hard on there rad hoses at high speeds or something. how long can I expect samco hoses to last? is it just a tough fit or are they truly a pain in the a$$? should I got for the whole kit and sell my sti cap and return my water wetter? whats you opinions on that? thanx

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
why would you sell the cap and return the WW???

that stuff is worth its weight in gold...or ice...

for that price you get all that stuff for like 30$ more than just plain hoses.

go with the crucial pack!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well considering I have the stock rad cap, an sti rad cap. then water wetter. the kit has a cap and watter weter. so sell the sti cap and take the water wetter back to pepboys. then just have the critical cooling kit on the car. :wiggles:

hmm anythoughts on antifreeze brand(s) of preferance?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have samco, ez install took me 25 min with two people.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Snowvert said:
I have the perrin inlet, and while they aren't ic hoses, their products are good, but i'd still go with samco if the money isn't an issue, etc.
Just got mine in today, can't wait for some good weather to put it in :wiggles: def looks like a nice piece.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got this for a steal. cant wait to try it.

I am going to go for the critical kit for summer just want to make sure that they have it in blue. black would not look to cool I think.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have SAMCO hoses ordered from Oakos Automotive (got them FAST. David over there is great w/ customer service.)
:D

Anyway, there are 3 hoses, but it's a proven fact that the only one that increases horsepower is the Y hose - which is fine with me, because the other 2 hoses are notoriously hard to install.

So anyway, I only installed the Y hose and it took me less than an hour by myself.

By the way, yes, you can see the very end of the Y hose where it hooks up to the turbo. If I installed the throttle body hose (the short, fat one), you could DEFINITLEY see it, but I didn't bother. If it doesn't flow more efficiently, I don't want it on my car.

Since summer's here, the IC hose just gives me a little more peace of mind. I also installed the chimeny heatshield from www.speedmonkee.com, and after an hour of driving today, the intercooler was warm, but not hot. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts