Subaru WRX Forum banner

Samco Intercooler Hoses Installed!!!

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  God 
#1 ·
I spent about two hours on Sunday installing my Samco intercooler hoses. I had to trim about a 1/4" off of two places on the Y hose, but everything went together really well.

I wasn't expecting to be able to feel the 4-6HP that these hoses are supposed to give you, but much to my surprise, I could. The power seems smoother and the car seems to pull further up the rev range than before. I'm very happy with the hoses. They were $145 well spent!!!

I plan to go to Atco tomorrow and test out the hoses and the Link ECU. I still have quite a bit of tuning to do on the ECU, but I'm looking to improve atleast a tenth tomorrow.

-Jim

#6 ·
bedabi said:
Now that the weather's warmed up and I'm driving with the windoews down, do you guys also hear the sssszzzzzzsssshshshshsh when the turbo kicks in? I luv it.
bedabi

you wanna hear something better....put an Injen CAI on with a Godspeed uppipe....a wicked, wicked, whooshing on the windup and a giant high powered flush between shifts....with the windows up!

#7 ·
I noticed that after I installed my unichip, I could hear the turbo and intake a lot more...not exactly sure why, but it sounds great. I was really missing the sound of my Blitz intake when I had to put the stock intake back in and now the sound is partially back...w00t!

#8 ·
bedabi said:
Now that the weather's warmed up and I'm driving with the windoews down, do you guys also hear the sssszzzzzzsssshshshshsh when the turbo kicks in? I luv it.
bedabi: with your window down you can hear your turbo spooling up? damn I can't wait to set mine up. Too bad a lot of places never have the colour for the hoses I want or have any at all in stock.

With my radio off my WRX makes a whole bunch of noises. When I shift fast I hear the clutch releasing, making that 300-500rpm spike(dunno what you really call it, funny only car that ever does this), my WRX also makes the deceleration noise and if you got good ears you can hear the bov too. But most of all what I like is the turbo spooling up. My car is bone stock, but damn it makes a lot of noise for a stock car. I love it though :), you get to hear all the cool things working, but dunno if they are working properly :rolleyes: .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.