Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the resonator mod w/ ITG filter.
Want to get the blue Samco Inlet pipe, does the zerosports pipe connect the inlet pipe to the airbox?
With keeping the stock airbox, I think this would be the most efficient setup- thought? although not too much of a difference I'm sure. It'll look good though!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I talked to AVO Turbo World and they make whats called a "Large Intake Pipe" which is the same thing as the Samco Inlet pipe you are talking about. I emailed the guy a few weeks ago because I was interested in the Large Inlet Pipe and he said that it fits directly up to your stock air box if you have a 02+ WRX. I am not sure about the Samco but the AVO one will work with your stock airbox, thats what there Tech help said. You can look for yourself its called the "Large Inlet Pipe"

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry its called the "Large Intake Pipe" not the Large Inlet Pipe

·
Registered
180 Posts
All of these after market intake pipes should bolt directly to your stock turbocharger. They replace that cheap hard black plastic intake pipe that now goes to your turbocharger.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Here is a much better picture of an install, its on a 97 WRX put its essentially the same thing (as far as the product and engine placement go) http://www.steve.ukmail.org/car/ The go to "Intake Mods" then go to "Intake Hose" in this picture they used the AVO pod intake as well because on older WRX's you cant use the stock air box with the Large Intake Pipe. But on the new ones 02'+ They said that you can use the stock air box. I would just disregard the message above because that picture is confusing. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So yeah- it looks like with the Samco you will need that extra piece- whether it be the OE Black piece or a Zerosport pipe.

With the AVO or BPM looks like it goes all the way across.

Good pics. THANKS

I wish I had a product review from someone though.. 300 is quite a bit to spend on 1 hose.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The Samco is a direct replacement for the stock induction (aka inlet hose) and we have 'em, along with ZeroSports intake pipes
(not on the asite yet, but more arriving any day now...

Adam
www.z1auto.com

·
Registered
180 Posts
When I go to the website above all I can find is the replacement Sti Inlet hose for $875, is this the Samco or Subaru's Sti?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts