Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these samco silicon hoses? I really think that there are more important ones and others but whats the general feedback. I really want to know if anyone has put one on and seen any difference.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Supposedly these hoses and a catless up-pipe netted a 15-20HP (can't remember for sure) gain on a AWD dyno. I have no idea how much was due to the hoses though. If you consider the theory in design, which is to create a less turbulent flow through the intercooler, I can see how it would increase overall efficiency.

Shawn

·
Registered
17 Posts
scurry said:
Supposedly these hoses and a catless up-pipe netted a 15-20HP (can't remember for sure) gain on a AWD dyno. I have no idea how much was due to the hoses though. If you consider the theory in design, which is to create a less turbulent flow through the intercooler, I can see how it would increase overall efficiency.

Shawn
Is there a site where this can be purchased? And how much?

Thanks

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Pretty easy mod. While you have the ic out, take a little time w/ a Dremel and knife edge the ic elbows.

I did have to trim the Samco Y hose about 3/4" on each end to get them to lay right w/o any kink.

As a bonus it seems my gas mileage has improved a touch:) .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts