Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming my car is well maintained, would it be safe to go Stage 2 with almost 140k on the clock? From a stock tune. I realize this is going to be an opinion, so I added a poll.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
What are your compression/leakdown results?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car runs well enough to not have been concerned with any testing. If you think it's necessary to check those before tuning, I'll put it on my to do list.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
At that mileage, yes I would do the compression tests. If you have any cylinders with some lower compression than you should, then increasing boost with going stage 2 could only increase the probability of problems to come.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If your talking about cobb stage 2 and your car has no cel and runs well and is well maintained I say go for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Uh Oh said:
The car runs well enough to not have been concerned with any testing. If you think it's necessary to check those before tuning, I'll put it on my to do list.
You posted a thread asking whether your car is healthy enough to go StageII; those two tests will tell you. You can't always tell there's an issue by "feel".

StageII shouldn't cause an issue on a healthy car, but if it's already having trouble, it could seal your motors fate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts