ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some feed back on the wrx 2.5's with a downpipe and a protune running a stage two set up. I have 09 with the build date of 08/08 and was running for three weeks before it happen. Spun a bearing crack crank etc. My fear is putting a new motor in and keeping my set up as is? I just have catted down pipe,Q300, and a boost control with a protune. Is this a safe set up?? Did I just have some bad luck with my current motor and the build date of the engine failures? All of the forums I have read and studied up before I commited to a stage two set up pointed out it is a safe daily driver. Well I 'am down and out waiting for a new long block and I do not know if I want to take a chance with the new motor. Any feed back would be great *******************D

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Thats a pretty common setup but the safety all depends on the tune itself.

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
In general, given a good tuner and your goals, a stage 2 tune can be safe. Also in general, the more stock the car is and the closer to how Subaru designed the car in the first place, the more reliable it will be.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Stage two is generally pretty safe. However, I would not just jump in and run the same tune on the new engine, that tune was designed for your old engine. The tune may need to be tweaked, etc. You should at least datalog to make sure everything is fine, if it is then you're good to go.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Could have very well been an issue with the old motor and nothing remotely to do with the tune/mods. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts