ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 wrx full tank of 92 octane fuel (ethanol free) 100% stock except Cobb stage 1 91 OTS flash. Target boost is 15 +\- .08. 45 deg F out and basically at sea level. I hit 16.1 at 6500 rpm. I am a dd wrx guy who does very occasional wot to 85 mph or so.

Want to keep my engine happy

Am I in a safe range?

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
By the looks of the dyno graph of an 11' WRX running Cobb stage 1 - 91 octane, The typical boost is ~15 psi tapering down to about 13 or so by redline. Under what loading did you get a 16.1psi reading? You are out of the +/- 0.8 from 15 psi, but its not uncommon to overboost once in a while; especially when in a higher gear on the highway under a high load.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Is the car knocking?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No knock. I don't know how to calculate load. I can tell you it had a tank full of 92 octane on a 91 Cobb map, ethanol free, a big rocket box on top. Pulls were wot in 3rd on freeway from 2500 to 6500 rpm.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
gorgekiter said:
I don't know how to calculate load.
Should be a parameter you can log.

·
Registered
141 Posts
watch their video on how to take a log, and then read the log on the computer. they will tell you what safe numbers are. they also tell you target boost and acceptable deviance in the tune notes file

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Where are you located that you're getting ethanol free fuel?

That log looks good to me. How much HP does the Big Yakima Box add?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts