Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
January 1st 2018 I lost my REX to a idiot drunk driver in a head on collision. Lucky to be alive. WRX probably the safest damn car I’ve ever owned because I could have been in worse condition. Have some bruising and back pain now but I know it could have been worse. It was a head on collision going 50 on a 2 lane road. Car is totaled for sure just waiting on the insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
38,620 Posts
I am terribly sorry that this happened to you..I am glad to be talking to you, though, that looks like a terrible accident.
My condolences on the loss of your friend..you'll be a while working through that. Please go talk to someone, it could be helpful. All my best..

--Ray

Reactions: Lynnpie

·
Registered
338 Posts
very sorry about your friend. Glad to still have you here, My condolences

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
So I don't mean this in any 'unfeeling' way. I could just be numnut but I cannot tell from your words if you mean you lost the car, or another person in the car with you.

Regards

·
38,620 Posts
Wow, good point, I assumed that a human being was killed by his words, but now not sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry about that everyone, I should have been more clear. No one was lost just the car. I edited it. Sorry about the confusion!

·
Banned
289 Posts
WOW. somebody was really watching out for you in that wreck.

Glad you are seriously alive....

word of advice though: Take them to the freakin cleaners...you're owed it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Man, that is a bad collision! You are lucky to be here and unhurt.

Kudoes to the safety design of the Subaru. You are making me a believer for sure.

I have not had a bad collision but avoided a serious mishap d/t the superior handling of the 2012 WRX--a truck forced me off I-80 at 80 MPH and I was able to keep control and drive down into the median without any damage whatsoever, then could climb the snowy/icy hill with the AWD.

I don't know how you felt, but the phrase "it happened so fast" is real--like in slo-mo.

It's only stuff, and it can be replaced. Believe me, a total loss on your car is the best way to go insurance-wise. You can start shopping for Rex 2 right away...

·
Registered
370 Posts
wow amazing you made it out without serious injuries especially head on. Sorry for the car.

·
38,620 Posts
Glad your alive bro. Please see a doc if you hadn't, the injuries can intensify in the coming days n weeks
This. Good advice.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Sorry about that everyone, I should have been more clear. No one was lost just the car. I edited it. Sorry about the confusion!
Hahahaha!

Sorry about your car and glad you're OK. Do you plan on purchasing another one?

Modern vehicle safety standards are incredible. I've seen so many accidents where the car looks like a piece of rubble and the driver is walking around just fine. Did this happen late on New Years Eve?

·
Super Moderator
24,466 Posts
Glad to read you are OK. Far better the car totaled than you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hahahaha!

Sorry about your car and glad you're OK. Do you plan on purchasing another one?

Modern vehicle safety standards are incredible. I've seen so many accidents where the car looks like a piece of rubble and the driver is walking around just fine. Did this happen late on New Years Eve?
Thank you! At the moment I’m not sure what I plan on buying. Most likely though it will be a WRX.

Yeah it definitely took a blow and saved me, Subaru makes probably one of the safest vehicles. This actually happen New Year’s Day at about 10pm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad your alive bro. Please see a doc if you hadn't, the injuries can intensify in the coming days n weeks
You are absolutely correct, my back is definitely feeling it now. Made an appointment Monday to get my back looked at.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts