ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend calls me and tells me that he wants to trade in his sti for a 03 cobra :(

his car payments and everything will be $10 less :rolleyes:

easy street told him his car would be in low 12's with turbo, intercooler, fuel and ecu upgrade, apperantly he still thinks 1/4 racing is fun :rolleyes:

with bolt ons, the 03 can be quick in the 1/4

i still think STI>03 cobra

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spectre186 said:
well if he wants to go fast in a straight line there is nothing better than the 03+ cobra.
:eek: but he has a 93 cobra parked infront of his house in need of some TLC

·
1,999 Posts
Well why did he buy the STi in the first place? I still don't understand the point of buying Imprezas and EVOs when the use is for ripping down a straight road....sure, it'll have a great launch...but then, so what....

Let your friend do what he wants....mind you a 93 Cobra can also be a great car to play with and tune...as can a 2003 version...
I will also say that on wide open tracks with mid-high speed corners, a Mustang isn't a bad car.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i like the 03 cobra's..and they are the sheet for drivign fast in a straight line...(if thats your thing)..me personally there is nothing better than driving through some nices turns

·
Banned
1,637 Posts
Alex_Romo said:
:eek: but he has a 93 cobra parked infront of his house in need of some TLC
There is no contest between an 03 and a 93 cobra. By today's performance standards the 93's are not that fast. The 03's, however, are near the top of the food chain. With a couple g's they are the top of the food chain (in a straight line).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Spectre186 said:
well if he wants to go fast in a straight line there is nothing better than the 03+ cobra.
Several Mustang magazines have done stories on how a little less than $6000 in parts and labor will bring the '03/'04 Cobra somewhere between 650-700 rwhp. That's an insane amount of power.

- Mike

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If i was single i'd own a cobra. 2 door domestic muscle with a supercharger boosting crazy psi's. But I have kids and the 4 door is better along with the safety of awd. I like pulling fast sweepers..... the extra weight of the stang gives me an uncomfortable feeling when pushing it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
have you ever pushed the clutch on one of those things? i sware its like pushing a 150lb leg machine at the gym

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since your friend said he likes the 1/4 times then go with the cobra...but if he likes the AWD capabilities then stick with the STI

One goes through snow fast and the other swurves outta control

1 - 13 of 13 Posts