ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Updated first post

I don’t know how to say this, so I’ll keep it short and simple.

I was told by Mike at GST that one of my Cosworth heads (passenger side) has a hair line crack in it (this was found out why’ll the car was on the dyno). Mike told me this is the fourth set of heads from Cosworth that this has happened to at his shop (all in the same part of the heads). He told me he contacted Cosworth and they said they will not cover it under any warranty. Mike informed me that the short block is in perfect shape and the internals in the heads (Cosworth cams) are too.

Considering my personal issues and problems in life right now. (I don’t have the money to fix it and I need to get this car sold ASAP) I don't want to part it out, I would like for this car to stay on the road (or track). All it needs is to have the heads rebuilt (that’s give or take around $2,500 done at a shop). High KBB for my car stock is $18,450

I’m asking $17,000

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Bump for you sir...that's a very clean, and very pretty ride. I'm sorry for the issues you are having that force you to sell it, and with the heads (I've been there...had to sell my first STI with $5k into it because of money problems/economy, and I regret it).

I don't understand why Cosworth won't man up to an issue with their heads. Could this be due to the thing being tuned improperly? Too much boost? The tuner is the only other common denominator here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump for giving this car away.
You can pull the Cosworth cams out out the heads. sell them for $800+, go buy a set of stock heads. Done. Tune it on E85 you will still have a 10 second car. The Darton sleeved short block is cherry.

If needed to confirm that there is no further damage than just a crack in the shell of the heads, you can contact Mike (owner/tuner) of GST @ (510) 264-9049

1 - 12 of 12 Posts