ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that the Saab 9-2x shares a lot of parts with the WRX/STi. In partucular, I've heard that the front end links on the 9-2x are solid and will fit WRX's/STi's. Anyone know if there's any truth to this? Might be a cheap alternative to the $100 aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
103 Posts
well, if I know anything about Saabs....I have no doubt that the end links for the 9-2 will not be cheap....trust me....I know how much you have to pay for Saab parts...;)

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
92-X has the same front sway links as the 04 wagon. What it does have is the 15:1 STi steering rack and aluminum front lateral links (different wheels as well).

Big Sky

·
Registered
888 Posts
Big Sky, do you know if the steering rack mounts the same way as the 02+ WRX or is it the new style that being used on the 05 STi (and maybe some of the other 05s)?

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
driggity said:
Big Sky, do you know if the steering rack mounts the same way as the 02+ WRX or is it the new style that being used on the 05 STi (and maybe some of the other 05s)?
That I'm not sure of. I do know the 04 USDM is a direct bolt in, the 05 is not.

Not sure if the 92 or any of the 05 WRX's get the revamped ones or not. The JDM WRX's all get the 15:1 rack as well (and the aluminum front lateral links). Also interesting they get inverted struts- theire black and I don't how similar to the STi struts they are- damping/pistion dia etc.

I'm going to kep my eye out for damaged 04 STi's, I can't justify $550 on a new rack, but if a guy could find one used for $200ish:)

Big Sky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts