ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S430 and I come to a light. I think he wants some. Not sure, though.

<condensed beginning, I had a long intro *haha*>

The light was about to turn green, but we weren't really stopped yet...Maybe slowing to about 5 mph.

Then it turned green.

He gunned it immediately. I was like...Ah shet, I didn't think he was going to do that. I didn't have the rpm's up, so my launch sucked. I kept thinking go, dammit, go! But, the turbo wasn't having it...Those precious moments trying to get from 2k up to 3k rpms take forever!

Finally I get sucked into my seat. Ooh ya baby, what a feeling. By this time, the S430 was a good 1.5 cars in front of me. By the end of first gear, he wasn't pulling no more. Second gear came through and we kept going. I noticed I started pulling on him ever so slightly.

The next light was coming up fast, so I decided I wasn't going to take it into third. I stayed in second gear until I just about hit redline, then let off the gas and put it into fourth.

Then he slammed on his brakes :confused: I looked over. He didn't look. He made a right into a parking lot.

That boat was pretty quick. I guess my suckass launch didn't help, though.

I need an upgrade kit!! I'm stock :(

·
2,472 Posts
its so annoying when ppl look at you but you don't know for sure if they wanna race so you don't start revving your engine like a jackass, but once the light turns green they launch it and you're left bogging 2k in 1st gear and 2 car lengths behind

·
Registered
772 Posts
Penguinking said:
its so annoying when ppl look at you but you don't know for sure if they wanna race so you don't start revving your engine like a jackass, but once the light turns green they launch it and you're left bogging 2k in 1st gear and 2 car lengths behind
Well said :)

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
Yesterday I took the LONG WAY home again through Saratoga, a very affluent city in the bay area. So I come up to a light and a brand new Porsche 911 convertible comes up. The guy starts to look at my car. He revs his motor so I look over and he looks at me and like gives me a dirty look, snobby ass rich older man. So the light turns green, I get an excellent lauch rev out 1st to 6k, I get into 2nd and look around where is he. He didn't even try to race. What the hell is that engine revving for then. Why buy a car like that if you aren't going to at least wind it out once in a while. I know I would have gotten smoked, but still I would love to at least race one.

·
2,472 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Yesterday I took the LONG WAY home again through Saratoga, a very affluent city in the bay area. So I come up to a light and a brand new Porsche 911 convertible comes up. The guy starts to look at my car. He revs his motor so I look over and he looks at me and like gives me a dirty look, snobby ass rich older man. So the light turns green, I get an excellent lauch rev out 1st to 6k, I get into 2nd and look around where is he. He didn't even try to race. What the hell is that engine revving for then. Why buy a car like that if you aren't going to at least wind it out once in a while. I know I would have gotten smoked, but still I would love to at least race one.
second most annoying thing: when people pull up to you at a light and start revving like a jackass, making you think they want to race, then you rev your engine and launch the car, and the other dude is behind you driving normally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts