ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am looking on putting some blow off valves (forge brand) on my stock 2002 WRX. i have heard that there are some negative effects on putting BOVs on engines without upgrades? such as running rich, lower gas mileage, etc.
will someone please give me a list of the negative effects, and let me know if it is really something i should worry about, or if it is a good idea as a first mod, with future plans of boost controll and exhaust mods.......i just really want that sound, and dont want to wait....let me know, thanks everyone

·
Registered
431 Posts
dont get a bov man, they do nothing for your car performance wise thats a fact(and u dont need one atleast you are planning on pushing over 20psi), as for the negative effects, i dont have an aftermarket bov so i dont like speaking about things i dont have any first hand experience with, but i am running a turboback exhaust and i can tell you that you will not regret it, just with the downpipe alone, it made a huge difference and you could hear the turbo spool, and if you really want the sound remove the intake silencer as well(very very simple) and you will be able to hear the stock bov a little more
my advice- get a downpipe or an upipe(take those cats out and your car will feel like a beast)
just my .02

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Claymra said:
hey i am looking on putting some blow off valves (forge brand) on my stock 2002 WRX. i have heard that there are some negative effects on putting BOVs on engines without upgrades? such as running rich, lower gas mileage, etc.
will someone please give me a list of the negative effects, and let me know if it is really something i should worry about, or if it is a good idea as a first mod, with future plans of boost controll and exhaust mods.......i just really want that sound, and dont want to wait....let me know, thanks everyone

hmmm... go for it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
675 Posts
search. There are 10 trillion threads on this issue. Those threads will help you more than these few replies can.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts