ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my uncle is looking for a new car. He is selling his mildly modded prelude and is looking at either an rx8 or s2000.

He want to buy new, and is looking for a car that will be quick, handle VERY WELL, and just be all around fun.
I have recommended the s2k to him. for the following reasons...

1) s2k is faster
2) s2k now has a 2.2L engine with more torque and HP/TQ come on sooner in the power band
3) s2k handles better (i think)*

I do like the bold styling of the rx8, but it just seems that the s2k is a "better all around car" BTW, his kids are grown up so theres not need for a back seat. He also does not plan to mod past wheel/tires and maybe exhaust.

what do you all think?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
If he doesnt get the sexy two seater convertiable he deserves for you to do a 6,000 rpm launch and leave that awful thing mazda try's to push as a RX in the dust.

If you couldnt tell....i'm not much on the 8

·
Registered
677 Posts
S2K

Rotaries suck.

Nuff said.

I'd take a torqueless high revving Honda over a torqueless high revving rotary any day of the week. RX-8s just look bloated IMO, even more so when you compare them to the old 7s.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I took a RX8 for a test drive. it is a very fun car. and if he doesn't plan on moding then it should all be about pref. I like the rx8 my self I think too many people put the fact that it isn't a turbo on emphasis. its a very fun car once you give it a chance.

18mpg highway sux though:(

·
Banned
997 Posts
S2K revs up nice! Mazdas are the Dodge of Imports..... pieces of crap! at least they grew 1/2 a brain and took the turbo off! now it will get 45k compared to 40k on the engine before it blows! I say go S2K for sure! fun car!!!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I would have to go S2000 if $ weren't an issue. The rx-8 is a beautiful car, though. The newer version of the S2000 with the 2.2 has changed slightly to make it a better daily driver than the previous model...

-snowcat

·
Registered
153 Posts
Between the two I would definitely agree and say S2K. I've had a lot of seat time with them on the street and autocross course (my brother had one) and they handle as close to my old 3rd Gen RX7 as anything I've ever driven. That being said, I got a ride at an autocross this weekend in a Mazdaspeed Miata with a very proficient, yet aggressive, driver and was nothing short of amazed. I know they're a bit down on hp, but DAMN, just drive one.

-Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts