ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, suddenly for no reason my car is running incredibally rich. you can smell it that's how rich I am running. I'm also smoking from my exhaust a little bit too. What should I check? The car is cool right now so this would be the perfect time for me to check.

It's not my tune because it's been running great for months. Please give me some advice, all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
XtianLA said:
hey guys, suddenly for no reason my car is running incredibally rich. you can smell it that's how rich I am running. I'm also smoking from my exhaust a little bit too. What should I check? The car is cool right now so this would be the perfect time for me to check.

It's not my tune because it's been running great for months. Please give me some advice, all help is appreciated.
weather change? i been running rich too

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live on socal though, summer weather has been consistent for the past few months. I just have a feeling in me that something isn't right. I'm sure you guys know the feeling.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
XtianLA said:
I live on socal though, summer weather has been consistent for the past few months. I just have a feeling in me that something isn't right. I'm sure you guys know the feeling.
ya i know what you mean, definantly my car runs rich, i just stopped caring, there just no hope

·
Registered
818 Posts
do you have a k&n or similar air filter?

i know its been causing a few people problems on here because of oil getting on the maf sensor causing it to mis-read which could cause the ecu to give more fuel than you need.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
yeah im running really rich too according to my utec logs...but i dont have a wideband so i guess its not all that accurate. I can pull all the fuel i want on the utec too and it does not seem to do all that much. I have my boost gauge reading all normal so im sure its not a boost leak. I can always tell if i have a leak if the vac does not read 20 at idle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts