ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering if you didnt run the axle back part of your exhaust if its bad for ur car, i would imagine it would but just checkin to make sure. This guy where i live has an sti and isnt runnin an axle back and it sounded so nice i wanted to do it also. lmk

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I took my axle back off and drove around for a little once, sounded bad azz. Didn't seem to cause any problems other then noise...I would do it again if I didn't have exhaust on my car.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
It's not that bad for short periods of time, but you are dumping a lot of heat and fumes onto the underside of your car and it could melt or burn something very badly after a long time. If you want the sound, remove the muffler and get someone to fabricate straight through pipes for you, so that the hot gas still leaves the back of the car safely. Just a sidenote.....you WILL get pulled over if you are that loud, running with no muffler is a HUGE cop magnet.

~Tim

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input, i was a lil worried if it would melt somethin under the car, and that dudes sti wasnt tooo loud until he opened it up and i was like :eek3:

·
Registered
32 Posts
yea this guy with a wrx runs at the autox track with me and he took his off.....he runs the best times and hes basically stock

of course he only has it off at the track

·
Registered
165 Posts
yea this guy with a wrx runs at the autox track with me and he took his off.....he runs the best times and hes basically stock
where you live, sounds like the a guy i know.. although i'm sure there are alot out there who do this

1 - 6 of 6 Posts