Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer I plan on getting a grimmspeed down pipe. Im already running nameless axel backs. Would I see a reduction in potential power or sound by using the new j pipe with stock midpipe or should I buy 3 inch piping all the way through? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
What Impreza is it? You will see an improvement, however if your going to-do it id do it once an do it right, go full system an mapped to suit

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2016 wrx manual. And im getting a pro tune with the dp.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Shouldn't make much difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
Really it wont make much of a difference. It will just be a bit more money. The stock exhaust is a 2.5 inch. Aftermarket, in most cases, are 3 inch. The grimmspeed downpipe is a true 3 inch, meaning you will have to buy a 3 inch to 2.5 inch adapter. Grimmspeed sells one. However, the GS downpipe already comes with the downpipe to midpipe 3 inch gasket. So buying an aftermarket 3 inch midpipe would be a straight forward bolt on with really nothing else needed.

Doing so may net you a few extra hp, but nothing really that will be noticeable. Me personally, have always gone with a true 3 inch from the turbo back when upgrading the exhaust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks for the help. I'll probably just spend the extra money and get the full exhaust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts