Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear PlatinumWRX is a fat dumbass, with a a mom who's on the cover of crackwhore magazine.

I've heard one of his past hobbies was running over helpless real estate signs with the "Death Gopher"

·
Registered
228 Posts
dun dun dun.......... i smell IP ban :D Probly another user that just doesnt like Plat. and he probly is a member of the board. LOL!

Poor Plat.. hes a cool dude, i get along with him fine... and hell i dont even have a WRX yet!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
HAHA, It's tan!!!

This crazy moron thinks a VW Golf TDI is a really great car and quotes stuff like, "You can't go wrong with diesel!"

What a putz! Bring it on you skinny ass biATCH! You gonna race me with your "Grocery hauler" V-6 Camry. NAH!

-Jim

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The new clutch, shaved flywheel, but worn driveaxles. Maybe I'll hit the 15's with the new clutch.

Just wait til I get the TDI, you'll fear my 90 bhp!!!! (not to mention 49 mpg)

Jim check this link out (too bad it started from the Euro 115 bhp TDI motor, running on low-sulfur fuel), from our earlier conversation.

http://chiptuning.com/chip/us/news.html

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Sorry everyone, this was a BAD joke.

Tan is friend of mine and fellow Drexel Mechanical Engineer. We've known each other since the third grade!

I have received messages from people rushing to kill this thread and tan, but it's cool. We were just playing, but thanks for the support, everyone! (masanz1, especially)

-Jim

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It was a well thought out plan we had around noon. Jim still remember the Impala, especially sans muffler?

The WRX is truly his first non-GM car, even though the GEo Storm is made by Suzuki, sold by GM. He has forever broke the chain of Oldsmobiles.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I was just talking about the 1975 Chevy Impala aka "The Death Gopher" with Eric. I didn't reconnect the muffler until I realized I was going deaf on the way to school! It was pretty cool when I could set off car alarms at idle, though!

I can't believe you remembered the real estate sign, though! I had a good chuckle when you reminded me!

-Jim

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I figured that you knew Pt, as someone would have to be an idiot to come onto a board and start saying stuff like that, just out of the blue.

Welcome aboard, tan.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WRXed said:
I figured that you knew Pt, as someone would have to be an idiot to come onto a board and start saying stuff like that, just out of the blue.

Welcome aboard, tan.
Since 3rd grade.

We do have a definitition for those type of idiots -- Trolls

·
Registered
25 Posts
You had me!

It was not a bad joke PlatinumWRX, it had me going. I am a bit gullible.

;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
out of curiosity do u guys live near each other? its funny you guys are carryig conversation through this thread

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It's not really a "base". But it's Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey.

The formal name is:

US Army TACOM-ARDEC
Tank Automotive COMmand- Armament Research, Development, & Engineering Center

·
Registered
186 Posts
cool, are you provided w/ houseing and stuff? what are the benefits for being an engineer for the gov't

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As a civilian,

I find my own housing, though the Army does assist (such as paying for hotel costs while searching for housing).

First as with any federal gov't engineering position, starting pay sucks. Though we'll get to the GS12 pay rate pretty quickly.

Starting the week of 13 January, get get approx 4% raise across the board (thank you Bush). They force you to do continued education (40 hours a year). The tax payers are paying for my Masters in Armament Engineering.

We do have job stability.

Most importantly, is job satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts