ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so subbies are know for having engines that rumble alot....im talking about cockpit rumble at idle/sitting still.....the engines just arent smooth lets face it....is there any mods out there that will help with this interior rumble.....i.e. braces, mounts, bushings

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
not really, I'm sure you can do something but get used to it.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
You don't really want to get rid of the interior rumble, do you? It's like having massaging seats. Plus, the chicks dig it. I had one girl in my car that really liked it. Like, really, really, liked it. Like, a lot. She was a freak though.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
I love having new people in the car and starting it up all rumbly.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol hahaha yeah i had a 99 legacy sedan and when i didnt have a passenger in the car the passenger seat would shake...i love the subaru rumble and cams...but i dont want to feel it too much in my interior.....i love hearing it in my exhaust though

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
the engines just arent smooth lets face it....
Let's not face it.

There are few inherently balanced motor designs requiring no balance shafts or other counterweighting to control vibration. For example, the straight 6. The flat 4 is another. The motor is smooth and is not itself the cause of the rumble.

is there any mods out there that will help with this interior rumble.....i.e. braces, mounts, bushings
Modifying the exhaust before the two halves meet at the up pipe.

I should be more direct: the issue isn't caused by the motor. It's caused by where the turbo is located (offset to the right) and the need to rout piping asymmetrically.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts