ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..I met this guy today who has a turbocharged rsx-s and he told me he was putting 314awhp. I wanna know if it's posible to go from the stock whp in rsx-s to 314whp only using a turbo.

Also the guy told me that he had raced an 06 sti before and that in 2nd gear he had already caught up with the sti.

I wanna know if it's posible or he was just bs

·
Registered
720 Posts
I highly doubt he has any AWHP, though his claims for FWHP are easily obtained with a turbo charger. Is this a real question or a joke? I ask because I really don't know if you're serious or not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly doubt he has any AWHP, though his claims for FWHP are easily obtained with a turbo charger. Is this a real question or a joke? I ask because I really don't know if you're serious or not.
...yeah he said he was putting 314 on the wheels only with a turbo charger, not other mods. I'm asking because it would be a big improvement since I've heard that a wrx with an upgraded turbo charger puts 250 on the floor.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
hi..I met this guy today who has a turbocharged rsx-s and he told me he was putting 314awhp. I wanna know if it's posible to go from the stock whp in rsx-s to 314whp only using a turbo.

Also the guy told me that he had raced an 06 sti before and that in 2nd gear he had already caught up with the sti.

I wanna know if it's posible or he was just bs
I'm sure there are also supporting mods for said turbo. Maybe by only a turbo he meant without nitrous oxide. 314WHP is possible with a turbo on a K20. Hope he's having fun while that high compression engine is hatin' life.

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is a pair of 600hp rsxs in sport compact car this month? last month? I'm not sure, but I glanced over it at Borders. Kinda unrelated, but meh.

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
ANYTHING is possible. All it takes is money. Maybe he meant 314BHP but doesn't know the difference. Or maybe he uses his crank rating to make people think he has more HP. Who knows. I caught a random clip on Utube the other day. It was an STi that had pulled up to a Scion TC on the freeway. They beeped 3 times & that damn Scion pulled away from the STi so fast. It was unreal. You could tell he had lots of money under the hood of that thing. It just goes to show it doesn't matter how fast you are, there's always someone who's faster.

Besides Oriol, this thread is useless cuz you don't pee in the shower! :rotfl: Jk

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
Are you wondering how he make more power with the turbo or how he went from FWD to AWD buy just adding boost? Because I'd like to know that.

·
Registered
720 Posts
...yeah he said he was putting 314 on the wheels only with a turbo charger, not other mods. I'm asking because it would be a big improvement since I've heard that a wrx with an upgraded turbo charger puts 250 on the floor.
A WRX with a turbo swap will put down as much power as you put down cash. Besides, it's common place for VF39'd WRX's to do 300whp or better.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm sure there are also supporting mods for said turbo. Maybe by only a turbo he meant without nitrous oxide. 314WHP is possible with a turbo on a K20. Hope he's having fun while that high compression engine is hatin' life.
I have to disagree with this. People will knock the Vtak often times when it just doesn't warrant knocking. It's a great engine and contrary to popular beleif can hold a little boost on stock internals so long as the tune is good. I'm sure he's not all that worried about his CR.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I have to disagree with this. People will knock the Vtak often times when it just warrant knocking. It's a great engine and contrary to popular beleif can hold a little boost on stock internals so long as the tune is good. I'm sure he's not all that worried about his CR.
+1

the K20 series engines are VERY good engines. They are very strong and can handle a great amount of power stock. They can handle constant boost pretty well, it just has to be done right. 314whp seems to be about right for a tune on a t3/t4 with all the supporting breathing/fuel mods...not to mention they have strong and smooth transmissions that hold power well...

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Besides Oriol, this thread is useless cuz you don't pee in the shower! :rotfl: Jk
i used to do it when i was a kid:rotfl:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, it is very possible for him to make 314whp with just a turbo a supporting mods. The RSX-S uses a very good engine and tranny setup. It hardly gets enough credit in the auto enthusiest world.

I doubt that is measured at AWHP though.
sorry about the AWHP...:eek:

·
Registered
243 Posts
k20's are incredible motors.... I have a friend with one of the new 4door SI's. that car pulls pretty hard, and it definately out handles my wrx. I miss my H22, but if i went back to honda, it would definately be something with a k20

·
Registered
720 Posts
k20's are incredible motors.... I have a friend with one of the new 4door SI's. that car pulls pretty hard, and it definately out handles my wrx. I miss my H22, but if i went back to honda, it would definately be something with a k20
If I were to own another Vtak I would get a hatch with a frankenstein motor. There's a little torque to be had at Honda, you just have to take creative license with their power plants.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
If I were to own another Vtak I would get a hatch with a frankenstein motor. There's a little torque to be had at Honda, you just have to take creative license with their power plants.
Very true...one of the bests for TQ is an LS Integra bottom end with a B16 head...Hybrids FTMFW!:cool:

Do people really make 300whp+ with a VF39? Not the 2.0s, right?
Sure...what do you think are Japanese Domestic STIs?

Rated 300hp stock on 2.5L STIs...

A little proper tuning works wonders.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Oh, right. But the JDM STi's are rated 300 hp at the crank, no?
I'm making 280 whp on a conservative tune with my 39 right now.. and I'm pretty happy with it :thumbup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts