ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm selling my celica soon and I'm looking at getting a subaru but i'm wondering if it's gonna be cheaper to get horsepower out of a WRX or the RS? I'm really leaning towards the RS because of it's bigger engine but there is a bigger aftermarket for WRX stuff right? can anyone give me some perspective on this please?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Get the WRX, the RS as far as modding potential isn't as good as the WRX (N/A vs FI). You will spend more and get less for what you would with the WRX. If you were going to slap a turbo on it, the reliability would go to hell because the compression ratio is too high and the engine isn't built to handle much boost. It's just not worth it. There isn't a day where I don't regret just taking it on the chin and spending the extra $3k on a WRX.

·
Registered
731 Posts
get the wrx for HP

you can barely reach 200hp in a rs and thats with a fully built engine which is unreliable

as opposed to the wrx were you can reach 400 and it be your daily driver

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do yourself a favor go testdrive the 2.5 rs and then try the wrx it will blow the RS away (no ofense). Your choice should be clear.

·
Registered
378 Posts
One of the mag's test drove the RS. They said to spend the extra cash and get the WRX. For a few grand more, the WRX is a great buy with much more potential. My buddy has an 2003 Stage II sedan.

Nick

·
Registered
677 Posts
definately get the WRX over the RS.

The advantages of the RS is that it can use 87 octane and has a lot of low end grunt.

Advantages of WRX, everything else

·
Registered
308 Posts
unfortunately, you are in "clubwrx" and our answers will be bias. but the bias answer is also the better decision, the wrx is just that much better. not only u get a faster car, look at the other cool stuff that comes with it. 6-disc changer, rear lsd, fog lights, seats, etc...

·
Registered
498 Posts
3 easy letters WRX!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Unbiased response:

If performance is not of interest to you, the RS is a very good and capable car. It has more than adequate power and handling for just about any regular driving that you will want to do. And if that is what you are interested in then it is one hell of a bargain.

If, however, you are indeed interested in performance... you would spend much more that the price delta between the RS and WRX just trying to upgrade a RS to the equivelent level, and void the warranty in many places in doing so. For performance right off of the showroom floor, it is difficult to beat the WRX. It was mostly designed and built to incorporate most of the things you'd want. Of course there are a vast number of upgrades that you can get for the WRX but they aren't really necessary. It is a very very impressive ride even when left stock. Just remember that a stock automobile will usually keep its resale value better and appeal to a much broader spectrum of the public than one that has been modded extensively.

Do a little research and also a little soul searching to determine which one would be best for you. Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts