Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a wrx today(used) and was driving the car for like a half a hour.....and in the driveway i noticed the idle was at 500rpms is this normal?..... most cars are around 750
thanks

i love this car a lot the engine is so smooth and quiet:D

·
Banned
601 Posts
Most wrx's idle around 750rpm when warm. I would say to find out what modifications the car has, and adjust something.... If the car has engine management, I would suggest adding some fuel......

peace

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i work at a dealership and i noticed that the base impreza 2.5 idled at 500 to.........
i need more replies.........
thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
Pretty sure it looks like 500 but is 750ish. Also, search because this has been covered before I'm pretty sure, and they came to a conclusion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ryland is right.

When I got mine (7 months) I thought it was strange that it idled at 500. But the truth is it just looks like 500. When you hook up delta dash or any other OBDII reader it says 700-800 when the car is warm.

·
Banned
601 Posts
so here is my boggle, cause I went through the same thing for a while... Do you think the gears in your tac are more accurate then the deltadash, or the other way around? Well, I think the tac is more accurate. I think this just cause at the time I was having this idle dilema, I could feel the difference between when the tac said 500 and 750. The whole time my utec would say 750....but I could feel the difference. Could be cause of a bov lettin a little pressure out at idle? I dunno.... just some thoughts...

peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Take a close look at your tac. Its not that the 750 rpm marker is wierd. Its that 0 RPM is right under 500rpm. The tac is actually reading 750 at idle. I guess Subaru didn't think that 0-500 rpm was important. Come to think of it ... i guess its not.

Attached a picture... 1000 rpm, 750 rpm, 500 rpm... and a hair away from 500 rpm is 0 rpm

·
Banned
601 Posts
while idling the rpm is pretty stable, and it is pretty easy to tell weather the pointer is on the notch b4 the 1000rpm notch or the one b4 that....and I can feel the difference(I bet others can too).....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine idles at 750 when you first let off. After a short time of idling it will drop down to 500 rpm. It didn't do this until I installed I/C hoses, polished TB. But in turn when it drops to 500, it now idles smooth and doesn't bounce around like it use too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts