Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im kinda new to turbo cars, and the wrx, but ive noticed that when i get into any kind of boost and i engage the clutch and let off the accelorator, i notice the rpm jump 200 rpm and come back down right before i shift. it seems to be in conjuction with the bov recirculating the air. i notice that the bov and the 200 rpm blip happen at the same time. is this a problem? or is this just what happens when u recirculate 100% back into the intake.

any help would be appreciated

ps. im stock with 488 miles. still in break in process. :confused:

·
Registered
126 Posts
BoostedAWD said:
im kinda new to turbo cars, and the wrx, but ive noticed that when i get into any kind of boost and i engage the clutch and let off the accelorator, i notice the rpm jump 200 rpm and come back down right before i shift. it seems to be in conjuction with the bov recirculating the air. i notice that the bov and the 200 rpm blip happen at the same time. is this a problem? or is this just what happens when u recirculate 100% back into the intake.

any help would be appreciated

ps. im stock with 488 miles. still in break in process. :confused:
Mmmm. I notice the same thing.....I am now used to the car and it either doesn't do it or I am used to it......I know what you mean though :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Re: Rpm Blip

michaelwrx said:

Mmmm. I notice the same thing.....I am now used to the car and it either doesn't do it or I am used to it......I know what you mean though :)
thank goodness. cause i seriously didnt want my car to be the only one doing that. i was like...20 views? and no one knows what im talking about..geez whats wrong with my car!!! if its something that everybody has..then im sure ill get used to it. its just annoying when i shift at 4k and the thing jumps to 4200 and i know i just broke one of the sacred laws of the crucial break in process.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rpm Blip

BoostedAWD said:

thank goodness. cause i seriously didnt want my car to be the only one doing that. i was like...20 views? and no one knows what im talking about..geez whats wrong with my car!!! if its something that everybody has..then im sure ill get used to it. its just annoying when i shift at 4k and the thing jumps to 4200 and i know i just broke one of the sacred laws of the crucial break in process.
I kinda think they all do it. Perhaps it's the turbo just continuing to boost until the bov takes over....to be honest I rarely notice it now if at all.

Cheers

·
Registered
310 Posts
My DMS Talon TSI also did that but it helps on the up shift, that just me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yeah mine does that too, mostly when I do partial throttle or when I shift while the turbo spool up. Next time just let the turbo spool first then shift and it wouldnt do that, well at least on my car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine does it too!!!

I assume it was the last bit of boost before the BOV cuts in.

Thats my speculation.

If anyone can offer a legit explanation I'll take it :)

Cheers
Antony

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it only happens when im making boost and not when im in vacuum. all i do now is just let off the accelorator and wait until i get into 0 or -negative pressure and shift.

·
Registered
30 Posts
BoostedAWD,

Is that really necessary?

200rpm is all that I experience in the overrev.

There isn't much point on the stock car going past 6krpm due to the severe power drop off so you aren't even going to get near the revlimiter.

Theres no harm in it. Just a weird phenomenon to get used to.

Cheers
AntMan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Another few degrees around and you've nearly got the same angle as my avatar ;)

Cheers
AntMan

·
Registered
430 Posts
same thing here, I was just wondering if it was me not letting off the gas in time.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Since the turbo is literally forcing air into the intake, you have to make sure your right foot is COMPLETELY off the throttle before you disengage the clutch or you will get the blips. It took me a while to figure it out and a little longer to train myself to lift my foot a little more for upshifts. If I get lazy, it'll start doing it again.

-Jim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts