ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a rough few weeks for my wrx... first my front bumper got cracked/scratched up from a steep driveway and now I noticed a dent on the rear panel below the small window on my hatch. I am assuming someone opened their door or some kids in the neighborhood was being reckless. The dent is small, about the size of a dime or so but the the paint cracked from the stress. I am looking into the mobile paintless dent repair services to pop the dent out and make it smooth again but I am not sure how to fix the paint crack. I may just have to leave it or do some touch up paint down the road.

Here's a picture of the small dent...

wrx dent.jpg

This was definitely not the way to end a great weekend. Hopefully I'll get it fixed in the next two weeks. On a side note, I got the Bayson R lip installed this weekend, it looks great! They have another 18 or so for sale from their new batch on ebay so I recommend anyone looking for a cheap lip to check them out.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Bullocks, you may be able to do an isolated touchup after the dent has been popped.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I called a few places and the location of the dent sucks... big time. There is no real access to the dent to work from the inside. I want to avoid the glue pulling method because the paint crack may be pull even worse than it is now. One option is to drill a hole for the tool in the door jam in the back... I do not want to do that lol. Its frustrating to know the lack of respect people have on other's property.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

A better look.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Indeed, this is why I park like a Nazi.. Been there done that with tiny annoying dents. Talk to a body shop.. Everything said It will probably cost a pretty penny to get it sorted.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to schedule a appointment with a body shop close by the house and see if they can work their magic on it. The location is a big problem and the PDR techs don't believe the job will be any where near 100% even with the best tech. Usually a dent like this is body filled, sanded, and repainted. That just sounds too much for a dent that size and price will be in the high hundreds. I may have to wait till something worse happens and go though insurance.

Anyone know of any reputable shops that use PDR techniques in the Philadelphia area?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts