ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to take off the rotors so they can be turned, but i've never quite encountered a setup like this. the nut that holds the whole hub assembly is bent inward on one spot so as to not back out. is there a special tool i need to have in order to take them off or is there a nice backwoods method that will get the job done?

also, i just bought an autometer boost guage. my electronic skills are less than stellar so if anyone has had any experience or if there's a write up, it would be much appreciated. i haven't started to install it so if anyone has any tips. i read the directions and they didn't do too much for me.

thanks.

-alex

·
Registered
174 Posts
never had issues with pulling off the rotors. just remember to lower your ebrake for the rears. thats the only thing i could see as being a problem

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll take a picture and post it up tomorrow.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about this; how did you take off the rotors?

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
You don't need to remove that nut to take off the rotors. The rotors just pull off of the hub. That nut you see there holds the hub on. Leave that alone. If the rotor is stuck due to rust age etc., get a rubber mallet and give the rotor a few good wacks in a circular pattern. That should "encourge" the rotor to come loose.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ay, thank you very much. :thumbup:

i was slowly starting to realize that as i sat here thinking about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts