Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the Cross Reference sheets for WRX front rotors.
I though they may be handy for anyone thinking about upgrades.

Note: These year and model numbers are for Australian WRX releases and some also fit Outback's, Legacy, Forester.
Each part is in JPEG or PDF ( Better Quality)

The dimensions shown are standard O.E Spec. Drawings are DBA.

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_648_CAT.jpg ( USA Front )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_648.pdf (277mm x 24mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_650_CAT.jpg ( 4 Piston Cal. Front )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_650.pdf (294mm x 24mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_654_CAT.jpg ( STi Brembo Front )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_654.pdf (326mm x 30mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_644_CAT.jpg[/url] ( USA Rear )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_644.pdf (266mm x 10mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_649_CAT.jpg[/url] ( MY99-00 Rear )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_649.pdf (266mm x 18mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_653_CAT.jpg[/url] ( MY01 on Rear )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_653.pdf (290mm x 18mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_656_CAT.jpg[/url] ( MY01 LTD Edition Rear )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_656.pdf (290mm x 18mm )

www.dba.com.au/forum/DBA_657_CAT.jpg[/url][/url] ( H6 Rear )
www.dba.com.au/forum/dba_657.pdf (290mm x 10mm )

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the good info! Do you have any specs on the Legacy rears (vented) that some are upgrading to? Also where I can I get your two piece rotors- are these the kangaroo paws?

Thanks

Big Sky

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Big Sky WRX said:
Steve,

Thanks for the good info! Do you have any specs on the Legacy rears (vented) that some are upgrading to? Also where I can I get your two piece rotors- are these the kangaroo paws?

Thanks

Big Sky
The Two piece rotors are available in the U.S through Precision Brakes Company. They probably have the best deals going at the moment on DBA rotors. www.precisionbrakes.com

The part # DBA 5000 SL /SR slotted left and right. Yes they have the new Kangaroo Paw design and also these rotors are heat treated for track applications. Please note that the rotor thickness is 1" (25.4mm) not 24mm so if you don't use 4 piston callipers you need to check your calliper clearance for the extra width. We have sold quite a few of these rotors into the U.S without fitting issues.

The DBA 644 and DBA 657 are the only listings I have for legacy rears at the moment. They're both solid. If I was going to upgrade a Legacy rear to vented I would look at the DBA 653. The dimensions are almost the same as the standard except for the diameter and the rotor extra thickness is all on the outer side wich is only a calliper slide bracket issue ( the Piston position is just higher ). I believe most people are looking at this DBA 653 for Legacy upgrades. It also has the Kangaroo Paw design.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the info. I take it the 4 pots (subaru?) must have a little more clearance than the OE 2 pots? I know putting on new pads it seems like they're pretty tight going onto the rotor. What would be the best way to measure and how much clearance is neccessary for the OE 2 pots? Would slightly thicker rotors increase the chance of squealing? The boss (my wife;) ) would not go for that.

I like the idea of heat treated rotors. Also do the aluminum tops disapate heat better or simply a weight reduction?

Thanks

Big Sky

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Big Sky WRX said:
Steve,

Thanks for the info. I take it the 4 pots (subaru?) must have a little more clearance than the OE 2 pots? I know putting on new pads it seems like they're pretty tight going onto the rotor. What would be the best way to measure and how much clearance is neccessary for the OE 2 pots? Would slightly thicker rotors increase the chance of squealing? The boss (my wife;) ) would not go for that.

I like the idea of heat treated rotors. Also do the aluminum tops disapate heat better or simply a weight reduction?

Thanks

Big Sky
If you retract the piston all the way and fit new pads into the bracket you can measure the distance between the two pad faces. If you have 26mm or more, the rotors will fit and still retract enough to avoid squeal. I will see if I can get a U.S spec calliper next week and measure it up.

The Aluminium hats reduce heat transfer to the hub and bearings which was big problem with our rally cars. The other main reason for the Aluminium was its elasticity which enables the iron rotor to expand without inducing high stresses. The slight weight reduction was a bonus.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Two Piece rotors

Sorry Guys,
The Two Piece rotors only fit in 4 piston callipers.

Why do U.S Subaru's have to different to the rest of the world!
:mad: :confused:

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
Thanks again for the info. I'm glad I asked first! Now I have another reason to get four pots.

Steve I'm looking at a Wilwood caliper setup that has been slightly modified by Perrin to fit the US WRX. It evidently clears the OE 16X6.5 wheels. The vendor (ALTA Performance) is selling it as a kit w/ your guys one piece rotor.
The caliper is a Dynalite 4 pot, will these clear your two piece rotor?

Thanks

Big Sky

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Big Sky WRX said:
Thanks again for the info. I'm glad I asked first! Now I have another reason to get four pots.

Steve I'm looking at a Wilwood caliper setup that has been slightly modified by Perrin to fit the US WRX. It evidently clears the OE 16X6.5 wheels. The vendor (ALTA Performance) is selling it as a kit w/ your guys one piece rotor.
The caliper is a Dynalite 4 pot, will these clear your two piece rotor?

Thanks

Big Sky
If it is the 1" version it should be fine. I don't have a Dynalite calliper here but I looked at the dimension specs on their site and they look O.K. The rotor is 1" thick instead of 24mm. The hat mounting flange is 184mm dia and sits 6mm above the rotor face. The only possibility of interference is if the pad backing plate hangs well below the friction material and I doubt it very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts