Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to order some and apparently they are not made anymore....bummer.........

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm going with a different wheel for autox purposes. I've got a bit of a wheel "fetish".

Currently I've got 15" Raceline RL-7s w/snow tires for winter, stocks w/re92s, and the tarmacs w/kumhos.

I'm thinking of getting rota slipstreams in 16x7 since they're lighter and I don't have enough money to buy a strictly autox wheel and keep the tarmacs.

tcc

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Tarmacs aren't discontinued. I see alot of the vendors on I-Club claiming certain styles, or certain colors of Rotas are discontinued, and then they turn around a few weeks later saying they just recieved new shipments of wheels that were supposedly "discontinued". This happens all the time, and alot of times folks rush in thinking they are getting the last of a kind, or a limited edition. These vendors remind me of used car salesmen.

Tip: Often a vendor will tell you something is "discontinued", it is his way of saying he is out of stock, and he hopes you will buy another style/color he has in stock.

Oh, here is a thread with a reply from one of the owners of the Rota company. Check out his response.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=261987

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info Lightsped....I'll look harder for some...I had pretty much decided to get something else, but I like Tarmacs over what else I have seen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts