Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, what do you think about them, if you have them? Are they forged wheels? I can't believe it if they are b/c i found a set of 4 for around $600.

·
Registered
15 Posts
they are cast... light & strong... haven't seen any real bad posts about them except early ones weren't hubcentric (so you would need rings to prevent vibration)... gary sheehan uses them on his racecar and thinks they are pretty good. i have yet to see a post of someone bending one (of course, i haven't been looking for one either)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the arguements between forged and cast? I'm assuming that forged is stronger. On the other hand, I hear of people bending their expensive forged wheels and I would rather bend a $125 cast wheel than a $300+ forged wheel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The Rota Subzero is a very strong cast wheel using the latest casting technology. We bent 2 forged wheels on our USTCC WRX. We havent bent any of our Rota Subzero wheels.

If you like the looks of the Rota Subzero, you can not go wrong. They are strong, lightweight and inexpensive. What more do you need?

Stop by www.seriousauto.com. Better yet, give Larry and Dale a call and tell them Gary sent you.

Gary
Sheehan Motor Racing
www.teamSMR.com

·
Registered
538 Posts
I like mine, just fine.

I've had the Subzeros on my car for a week now, and have no complaints at all. They roll true, and the price of the package was excellent. $1285 delivered for 17 x 7.5 silver with 225/45ZR17
S-03s. Can't beat that with a stick.

Peace,

Curtis

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey Big Rich can you post a bigger pic of you car with your sub zero's, also which color do you have silver or steel gray, thanks.

Bryan

·
Registered
61 Posts
O-wood said:
I just ordered mine. 18" subzero bronze. $600 shipped to my door. Not a bad price I would say.
Where did you get them from?

·
Registered
17 Posts
subzeros

I just got my 17x7.5+48mm Subzeros last week on my wagon. They look good, they feel good, and they rub on my fenders on bumpy roads.

I don't know if I bought the wrong offset, or if my swaybar is interfering, or what. I just had a body shop look at the car and they said they couldn't roll the fenders because the QP is spot-welded to the fender, and they would have to re-weld and repaint. $1000+... no thank you. They suggested I try to get some negative camber into the back that would let the wheel travel more to the inside.

God, I always see you posting that your 17x7.5s don't rub on your wagon... are you sure? Did you do a chalk test? What driving conditions did you try? Are you running with a swaybar, lowering springs, or coilovers?

:mad:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
The local wagon guys run 215's if they don't want to rub. The concensus seems to be 225's work on a lowered sedan, but 215's are the widest you wanna go on a wagon that's lowered...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.