ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
looking into getting one this year. Yakima, need the Q towers, Q clips, crossbars, wind fairing and thinking the big powderhound rack. holds 4 boards so should be good. then later in the spring or summer get a bike setup

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I thought about doing a cargo basket for mounting some off road lights on it... Leaving at 3am in the morning in the fall/winter makes dodging deer quite difficult.

Then I got moved off of night shift.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Love this idea any idea how'd you run the wires?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Nah, hadn't gotten that far. I bet you'd find something if you look around.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how do you like the stock bars? i have a 2013 wrx hatchback coming and can’t decide between the stock crossbars or a yakima set up? i use the racks mostly for surfing.
last time i put on the yakima’s they seemed to put alot of stress on the rear window setup?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I think for the price and fitment the OEM cross bars are hard to beat. The bars by themselves don't make any noticeable extra noise (that I notice) until you start adding things on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
wrx roof rack

I think for the price and fitment the OEM cross bars are hard to beat. The bars by themselves don't make any noticeable extra noise (that I notice) until you start adding things on.
I have to find an appropriate surf adjustment to modify the oem rack?
Do you think they look too bulky and that a streamlined look would better ‘fit’ the car and quieter?
For example, the whispbar flush bar?
Whispbar Roof Racks (Flush Bar, Through Bar, HD Bar) Comparison Video Review by ORS Racks Direct - YouTube

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
ps - what do you think of their ‘hang-two’ setup? it looks like with the hulaport the boards are on their sides?

i can’t wait to get my new car! they think it will arrive in june!
i currently have a 2002 wrx hatch with 107 K that i am going to sell, and it has yakima strap thang on the roof which has worked great, but as i mentioned it puts strain on the rear window frame.

·
Registered
11 Posts
BTW i like your videos… the yakima on my current car (2002 wrx hatch) puts pressure on the rear window seal because of where the clip on the q tower goes. i like the look of the set up on ‘mammal’s ‘ car above, so i guess i may order the stock oem’s.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts