ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm playing with the idea of getting a roof rack as I'm getting really tired of taking bikes in and out of my car. I was curious as to how much mpg you lose putting a rack with a fairing(I'm not dealing with the whistling)up on top of a wagon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So I'm playing with the idea of getting a roof rack as I'm getting really tired of taking bikes in and out of my car. I was curious as to how much mpg you lose putting a rack with a fairing(I'm not dealing with the whistling)up on top of a wagon.
I average 20mpg combined city/highway, and have a lead foot. Before the rack I got about 22-23 mpg combined.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm not sure how much (if any) gas mileage I lose with the roof rack because the factory rack and cross bars have been on it since I bought the car. I do consistently get 22-23mpg mixed and over 25mpg on the highway. If it makes a difference, I'll pull the cross bars off, but given their small cross section I don't think it's a big difference.

As for hauling bikes, I actually find just popping off the front wheel and folding down the rear seat to be pretty convenient and easy, but I rarely have to carry more than one bike at a time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts