Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys revv it up and drop it when you are doing a rolling start race? I know you can sometimes gear down but do you rev it up also and then drop it? I know about rev matching, but I'm talking about over reving to get into higher rpms after you drop the clutch. I avoid revving it up and dropping the clutch.

·
Registered
161 Posts
BamBooI said:
Do you guys revv it up and drop it when you are doing a rolling start race? I know you can sometimes gear down but do you rev it up also and then drop it?
I slip the clutch, dropping may cause some bogging.
I know about rev matching, but I'm talking about over reving to get into higher rpms after you drop the clutch.
You mean just flooring after you're already in gear??? Or accidently be over reved when you shift to low. Let's say 70 MPH and you accidently went into 2nd gear instead of 4th.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a theory about rolling starts. When you're let's say in second alread and obviously you can't shift to first when rolling. You can put the clutch in neutral and rev it up real high to 5k rpms and slip it real good and release the clutch. It would be almost like a takeoff from a stop but you're rollin and not in first gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts