Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. Before I do this thing, has anyone else had their fenders rolled? What effect? what price? what a crock! because I'm afraid of F'in up the cheap paint!

misterx

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a quote of $150 for the two rear fenders. Is this average? I believed it to be high.

misterx

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen the baseball bat deal on a web page.

I also saw this link and thought about renting from the guy. What I'd really prefer is for a local body shop to do it for me. Most won't even look at it.

But I have a minor rub under certain conditions. I expect a passenger load in the rear seat would worsen it considerably.

misterx

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey MisterX, When I had my BMW I looked around Richmond and found that Advanced on broad street downtown is about the only place that does that around here. The way that it is normally done is to put a heat gun on the paint to make it more pliable, then they gradually roll out the fender using the machine that you linked to. What width tires are you going to try and put on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eastwood Fender Roller

I know I'm replying to a thread that is 7 years old but here is some fender roller info:

Roller made by Eastwood MFG. There is a u-tube video out there of it being used.

I am renting it and a heat gun from esetuning to give it a try on my 2002 WRX wagon that is Eibach Pro lowered and I just got some 245 18 inch tires. BTW - these things are ludcrisously wide. I don't know why discount tire direct said they would fit.

·
Moderating on the run!
7,322 Posts
245's w/ the combination of relatively soft springs and lowering of the Eibach Pro's is going to be close even w/ rolling (impossible w/o)

let us know how it goes

also you can rent the tool/heat gun on line at rollyourfenders.com- that's where I rented mine

·
Registered
117 Posts
find someone local to borrow that eastwood tool if you can. keep the paint warm and its not too hard.

this is mine after the roll. You gain alot more space than you would think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts