ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay folks, we got new states in our new forum structure, so let's get a roll call. name, location, rank, pics of your ride, serial number.

i'm in boston, i am a financial analyst. i like wrxs. my car is in the member gallery thread.

dR

·
Registered
22 Posts
i am from lynn, so watch your back ;)

i lay pipe for a living, works quite well as a line for the ladies

also own the all time biggest PIA POS car ever the .......merkur xr4ti . actually it was my dream car when i was like 13 so i bought one this fall. it is one thing after another. when i think of the mods i could have with the $$ spent on a commuter car, i cringe ( @ least the wrx will stay clean ). it is incredibly dusty @ work.

my car is here in the member's gallery http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=24107&t=6093

·
701 Posts
I make the chips in your PC's,phones, tvs.

I work for IBM, I work Sunday,monday and tuesday night 12hr shifts. SO I have loads of spare time. Im married with a lovely son. I own both an RS and a WRX.

:)

·
Registered
476 Posts
provy, RI

i'm marcus, a student in providence continuing to medical school, originally from the bay area, CA.

don't yet have a pic of my ride; am working on it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I live and work in Brooklyn as a prosecutor, 33 years old, soon to be engaged to a beyootiful woman (I hope), and I've had an eye on a WRX since I read about one in a magazine back in 1997. A writer who drove one in Japan called it the best performance car he's ever driven (keep in mind a WRX in Japan at the time is called an STi now).

As soon as I heard of its pending arrival, I ordered one in January 2001, and picked up one in the first allocation in March 2001, trading in a 1999 Maxima. I love this car. It's perfect for NYC driving, I think, every drive that's not in rush hour is a rally race!

Here's a list of my mods:

Stongard clearbra - full kit
(and ugly-ass rubber strips on rear fender)
2001 RS wheels
OEM 4-pot front calipers
Dunlop Sport 5000 tires
TurboXS Stage 1 Unichip ver. 2.0
Samco Intercooler hoses
Graham Goode Racing up pipe (don't get this-bad fitment!)
Stromung 3d cat eliminator pipe
Stromung dual-tip muffler
K&N filter
OEM turbo gauge mounted on steering column

And here's a pic:

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Name is Brian. I live in Boston and work for Gillette doing Disaster and Business Recovery. (If you need razors let me know....) I just got a blue rex. Wanted it since I first saw it rally race and am looking forward to putting a lot of money into it. :)

·
701 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
Name is Brian. I live in Boston and work for Gillette doing Disaster and Business Recovery. (If you need razors let me know....) I just got a blue rex. Wanted it since I first saw it rally race and am looking forward to putting a lot of money into it. :)
Actually come to mention it I am runnig short on tripple blade razor heads! :D

·
701 Posts
Get your ass up here and have some fun.

I need 40 people willing to pay 30-40 dollars towards putting the field back to how it was before we got there then we can go rip up one of my dads 5 acre fields.

And if we got the number needed we can come up in sept/oct and rip up a ploughed corn field for 20-25 each.

Or come up to VT and Ill take you on some of the best roads you will eva get to drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Upstate NY

My name is Dave, I am from Binghamton, NY and I just bought a silver WRX back in july of 2001. I work as an Electrical Engineer at Lockheed Martin and looking to attend some different subaru events this summer.

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
platinumwrx is an engineer for lockheed in PA.

welcome to the board. can't wait for the spring.

dR

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in central mass and just picked up a red WRX with a spoiler. 1100 hundred miles on the baby now so the fun begins.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Philly

I'm Blake, live 3 miles northwest of Philly, PA. No mods on the REX yet, but thinking about a COBB Stage 1. I'm a neubie so I'm mostly searching the archives right now and trying to learn as much as I can. I love my WRX and the fact that my weekend car (Z3) can be seen in the rearview mirror of my daily driver (the REX)! I'm an Academic Advisor for Penn State, we have a campus college down here. Looking for the Browse button to upload a pic, but I can't seem to find it.

·
539 Posts
I'm KC. If I told you what I do I'd have to kill ya.

I have a WRX wagon. If you make fun of my wagon, I'll have to kill ya.

I like driving sideways. If you make fun of me, I'll have to kill ya.

Hmmm what else.... oh yeah...

Anyone who makes fun of me for being old? I'll have to kill ya. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey!
My name is Pat, and i live in Brighton, MA. I work out in Waltham at a small biotech company. SO if you see a black WRX w/rear spoiler tearing through West Newton in the morning I am late for work! I've seen a blue WRX out that way recently, are you on this forum?

Wheels, we gotta hook up next time i'm in VT. My parents live in COlchester.

Mods coming soon (just put down 1st and last on an apartment with garage-in Brighton!).

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
Pat...that could be me. I live in Brighton on Comm Ave up by Cleveland Circle. Is it a blue WRX..no spoiler?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could be... Currently on Comm Ave. too. Over by Washington St. near the Best Western. Watch out there is a cop who hangs out near Chansky's w/radar. Tries to zap people as they come around the curve heading inbound.

I've seen a few REXs in the Allston/Brighton area.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts