ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Is in Love With the Admins Here
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here from Rochester, NY or the surrounding areas? I see WRXs all the time on the east side of Rochester & the west side of Wayne County. Roll call please,....

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I go out that way every once in a while to visit my sister.

She worked at Alfred University for a while, but her new job put her in Amherst.

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on. Sorry to copy your Albany thread but I see so many WRXs around but no one seems to be on here. I just wanted to throw it out there. You plan on passing through anytime soon?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
20WRX04 said:
Right on. Sorry to copy your Albany thread but I see so many WRXs around but no one seems to be on here. I just wanted to throw it out there. You plan on passing through anytime soon?
Don't worry about copying my thread - you're looking for buddies with a common interest.

Well, my sister's job puts her in West Palm Beach FL area for the winter months, and Amherst over the summer months. I will probably be heading out there when she gets back up here (which should be May/June). I'll definitely get in touch with you before I head out that way - maybe we could round up a few of us and we can grab a bite to eat.

You may want to check out CNYSubarus/UNYSOC (I'm on both w/ the same username) - you may find a few people on there in that area.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think I'm about the only one that is from that area on this site that I know of. I'm From Canandaigua BTW, CNYSubarus is a great bunch of people, you should also Check out Buffaloscooby.com that might be closer to you depending on where you live. I choose to be more affiliated with CNYsubarus only because I meet Jay-R and some others at an Auto X. Let me know if you want to hang out sometime I have a couple friends that get together when ever I'm home from school.

EDIT: I got thinking there are a few other members one being from Penfield (sp?), There are tons of subie owners in The Canandaigua area mainly due to van bortle.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Oh crap your the one that I thought was from penfield, sorry I've been drinking all night. I think we've touch base before.

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll definitely get in touch with you before I head out that way - maybe we could round up a few of us and we can grab a bite to eat.

You may want to check out CNYSubarus/UNYSOC (I'm on both w/ the same username) - you may find a few people on there in that area.
Sounds good. I'll definately check out those boards as well. Thanks.
Oh crap your the one that I thought was from penfield, sorry I've been drinking all night. I think we've touch base before.
No worries. Yeah, I PM you a couple months ago about local Suby people. Van Bortel is great for the most part. I know a tech & a service writer from there. Good people.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
çheck out CNY subies also. :) mostly more northern NY guys but some rochester people i think too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Another good group of guys, Craig introduced me to the site when I met him at another auto x.

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
çheck out CNY subies also. :) mostly more northern NY guys but some rochester people i think too.
Another good group of guys, Craig introduced me to the site when I met him at another auto x.
Boom whack done. I'm a member now. :thumbup:

Jay-R is coming to get that Zero Sports kit I've had on here since Nam. Thank goodness it's finally gone.

·
5,780 Posts
Boom whack done. I'm a member now. :thumbup:

Jay-R is coming to get that Zero Sports kit I've had on here since Nam. Thank goodness it's finally gone.
Jay-R is a real nice guy, He also does mods and puts parts on cars for Free :thumbup:

his wagon is bad azz

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jay-R is a real nice guy, He also does mods and puts parts on cars for Free :thumbup: his wagon is bad azz
I'm meeting him on sunday. Hopefully I'll get to see the wagon. Too bad he's so far away, i'd love to start a tuning shop around here. We have NOTHING. Just a bunch of bling bling shops. Who needs that ish?:rotfl:

·
5,780 Posts
I'm meeting him on sunday. Hopefully I'll get to see the wagon.
When i Was there they were painting some dudes headlights, there are always like 5 nice subies parked at his place but it is not a shop, just his garage :)

·
5,780 Posts
20WRX04;2192401e [B said:
NOTHING[/B]. Just a bunch of bling bling shops. Who needs that ish?:rotfl:
who can do Cobb protunes in CNY?

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
who can do Cobb protunes in CNY? When i Was there they were painting some dudes headlights, there are always like 5 nice subies parked at his place but it is not a shop, just his garage :)
Very nice.
Who needs Cobb? :tongue: I have a laptop & a tactrix cable. What more do you need? :thumbup: :rotfl:

·
5,780 Posts
Very nice.
Who needs Cobb? :tongue: I have a laptop & a tactrix cable. What more do you need? :thumbup: :rotfl:
I actually hate Windows and wont let it in my house, but data logging with a laptop in the car doesn't count.:thumbup:

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I actually hate Windows and wont let it in my house, but data logging with a laptop in the car doesn't count.:thumbup:
I'm not familiar with Mac. Some of my friends love it. I really want to start data logging, tuning & make a go at doing it professionally in a shop environment. It might be a far fetched dream, but the skies the limit.

·
5,780 Posts
I'm not familiar with Mac. Some of my friends love it. I really want to start data logging, tuning & make a go at doing it professionally in a shop environment. It might be a far fetched dream, but the skies the limit.
if i go catless and switch to ohio registration, i would let you help me get it tuned, you need a dyno though right? i mean doing a road tune quickly would be hard no?

·
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if i go catless and switch to ohio registration, i would let you help me get it tuned, you need a dyno though right? i mean doing a road tune quickly would be hard no?
:rotfl: Good stuff. You don't need a dyno. It just helps. The most important factors in road tuning are having a wideband o2 sensor, EGT sensor & boost gauge. It's easiest to have all that info to tune with. Make some runs, log it, make changes, flash it & go.

·
5,780 Posts
:rotfl: .

What i should have said is, if i go opensource i would really appreciate some help :thumbup: didn't mean to sound rude.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts