Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at www.speedoptions.com and wow....
They have 76, thats right 76 awsome pictures of Robert Shaw's black beast.
His black WRX is the most nicest WRX I've ever laid my eyes upon. Head over there and check out his car in the Car of the Month feature. Amazing car I have to say.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Best WRX hands down! Damn, I kinda want a black wrx now. Either Midnight black or Rally blue. Atleast I have a few months to decide. My car will look almost like that but with a prodive spoiler and with 19inch rims. And trust me, the rims will be one of the lightest and strongest rims you will ever see. That is if i still decide to fork over the cash. Also, is that the stock black color? seems like it has a tint of blue. I like it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah, I think it is the factory color, or at least close. The factory black has small flecks of an electric blue, maybe Subaru's rally blue. It is cool....

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
So ya think I should get black instead of blue? I just dont want paint scratches showing up! And I figured I would have to clean both colors equaly the same to keep that shine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
WOW :eek: That's the "most biggest" hackjob interior work I've seen on a WRX :confused: Definitely a winner of the "most ugliest" award. At least his stickers are somewhat gramatically correct :rolleyes:

To each his own I guess

VV

lilichiban said:
.....is the most nicest WRX......

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I like the performance and appearance aspects of the car, but could he possibly cram any more CRAP into the interior of that car!?!? I can't understand why anyone needs a home theater system with a PS2 in a car. That stuff belongs AT HOME! Is there any room left in that car for passengers or luggage?

-Jim

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
dark_rex said:
i like the electronics and all the interior goodies.

-i'm a ricer i guess ;)

dR
Hehe, you and me both...although I personally wouldn't want to put a gauge in my vent...I need air, dammit! hehe

Don't mind the stickers either...at least they match up with what he's got

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I like everything about the car.... really the stickers are just showing what parts he used for his car...

i didnt look to close at the bottom of the page... i saw all the mods listed... but no performance data...

-Mike
www.mikeville.com

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Personally I'm all about performance(ie rally business rather than show)....I think gauges are good if they are important, but for there are certain things that you don't need to know while driving. For tuning purposes, it's good to have a read out....which is why I'd personally rather have a integrated module with several diagnostics(ie some LCD readout) rather than a bunch of spinning dials waving at you from every direction. It keeps everything clean, crisp and undistracting.

·
2,210 Posts
Not my cup 'o tea. He has some very nice components though; I just don't like the way he's put them together. All it's missing is a Honda emblem.

To each their own, as is oft repeated here. :) I personally prefer clean minimalist solutions.

-Pace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aww guys, you guys are harsh!
I seriously think that WRX isnt overdone at all. I think its rather clean and simple. Maybe its me, but I seriously like the way his car looks. The interior is JDM STi seats too, which is very impressive to me. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the work he done to his car. Anyone else agree? =)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
lilichiban said:
I seriously think that WRX isnt overdone at all. I think its rather clean and simple. Maybe its me, but I seriously like the way his car looks. The interior is JDM STi seats too, which is very impressive to me. I think he deserves a lot of credit for the work he done to his car. Anyone else agree? =)
Credit may be the right word.....credit card.....or perhaps rolls of money(can you say bling bling). Like Pace said, to each's own. I don't think anyone would say that Rob Shaw's car is simple. Nothing of the sort. Like Pace, I rather have a clean setup, but I'd want to know what's going on with the car..when need be. Personally, I'm even considering removing my stereo.

·
Registered
242 Posts
lilichiban said:
I seriously think that WRX isnt overdone at all. I think its rather clean and simple
That car is about the furthest thing from clean and simple. I think it's drastically overdone, but, it's his money not mine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
lilichiban said:
A PS2 in a "rally" car is plain and simple? Hardly. It's a friggin show car. I would love to have that kind $$$ or credit for a WRX. First thing I would do is buy a tow vehical and a trailer, do some real mods, (including weight reduction, not add usless weight) and go racing somewhere, some how. And one thing for damn sure, my car would not have a CEL!

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's a fine "Fast and Furious" example if you like that sort of thing. I'd like to see the weight difference between it and a stock WRX. The problem I see is that there are so many mismatched pieces just crammed in there. There's no purpose to the car. Especially the interior...gross. It'd be like driving around in my teenage bedroom. I think the Sparco car is a much better example of a performance/show tuned WRX.

·
Registered
383 Posts
One slight correction....

koyokid said:
It's a fine "Fast and Furious" example if you like that sort of thing. I'd like to see the weight difference between it and a stock WRX. The problem I see is that there are so many mismatched pieces just crammed in there. There's no purpose to the car. Especially the interior...gross. It'd be like driving around in my teenage bedroom. I think the Sparco car is a MUCH better example of a performance/show tuned WRX.
VV

1 - 20 of 50 Posts