ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be taking a road trip in my 2002 WRX shortly, but I just had a couple questions. My car has 28,500 miles on it right now, and the road trip would be about 3,000 miles. I need to put new tires on my car, and I know I should do the 30,000 maintence before I go. But do I have to? I could stretch and barely afford to do both of them before I go, but it would be much easier on the wallet to do just the tires before, and the service when I get back. Would I be risking any damage to my car by doing the maintenance when I got back (I'd have probably about 32,000 miles on it if I did the service when I got back)? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
65 Posts
mike270 said:
That is what I would do.
me too. if you have the time, you can tick off a lot of the items in that check up before you leave. I can think of tranny and diff's gear oil and spark plugs for sure...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I figured I would be, but I just wanted to run it by you genious' first. ;)

I just ordered my tires (Pirelli P Zero Nero M&S in 225/50/16 for my stock tires), and scheduled an oil change. I know, I know, I should do it myself, but I don't have anywhere to do it (damn apartements). I'm stoked for the new tires. Goodbye RE92's!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Funny you should post this, because this is almost exactly what I am doing. Only my trip is almost 6000 miles from NJ to AZ and back again. I did the oil on my STI and new tires and then when I get home will do a whole overhaul. But what I was going to tell you guys out here was that I had a great experience at Garcia Subaru for the oil change locally (the half way point) in Albuquerque. They got me in and out today and were friendly and helpful. I hope they are that good to you guys all the time, but they were great to the out-of-towner. SFRinNJ

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rancid said:
225?!?!?! Stock wheels?!?!?!?!?!
Yup. I've heard many people having great luck with this setup, and I think it will be a good choice. Even tirerack says that a 225 is OK on the stock wheels. It's stretching it a bit, but It'll be OK. If it's not, I'll be sure to let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts