ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the big day will soon be upon me. On Thurday the 4th, I will take the all important road test. :wiggles: :wiggles:
Anyone have and tips or adivce on passing the test?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
as in license test? If so I can give you some advice. Being 18, its still relatively fresh in my mind. Important things they look for:

1) When you go through green intersections, or any intersections for that matter, check both ways.

2) Constantly be scanning the road, move ur whole head, not just ur eyes

3) Dont hit the curb - instant fail. Make sure you can back up along a curb and stay close.

4) If you turn right, dont automatically go into the 2nd lane, stay on the far right until the tester tells you to move over to the left - i got my only points for doing this.

5) Dont go super slow, stay with traffic, if there is none, just go the speed limit.

6) Be smooth.

7) Stay relaxed and remember that if you screw up and dont pass it the first time, like many of my friends have, that your life is not over and you have more times to pass.

Hope I helped!

·
Registered
0 Posts
the only thing i missed was...

when u are at an intersection, u have a green light but not a green arrow, and you have to yield. If there is heavy traffic and no clearing...dont freak out..just wait for the light to turn orange, oncoming traffic comes to a stop....check both ways...then go.

dont fart either

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Always come to a COMPLETE stop at a stop sign. Once you stop, count 3, and then go.
They're real strict on stops.

And if you're turning right, make sure you look over your right shoulder. Even if there's no possible way that something will be there, just do it anyways (Because of bikes)

Being really nice to the instroctor can also help ;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
hmm....easy, follow the laws. i must stress this though, when stopping at the stop sign or traffic light, do not stop on the line, do not stop beyond, but stop before! i had several friends that failed because of such a stupid reason. and relax, even though i had a cop that seemed like he hated my guts, he still gave me the pass even though i didnt back up in a straight line perfectly.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
moving your whole head is definately very very important, they like to see you are looking about actively, and cannot see this if you just use your eyes

·
Registered
712 Posts
Chipsahui2 said:
hmm....easy, follow the laws. i must stress this though, when stopping at the stop sign or traffic light, do not stop on the line, do not stop beyond, but stop before! i had several friends that failed because of such a stupid reason. and relax, even though i had a cop that seemed like he hated my guts, he still gave me the pass even though i didnt back up in a straight line perfectly.
That is why I failed on my first try. I didn't remember, or was never taught, that a stop must be made with your bumper even with the stop sign. I was taking the test on a 5-spd, so I'd stop further into the intersection so I wouldn't have to creep forward later. When I got back to the depot, the examiner told me I failed six times. He never said a word during the test.

I hated that fat bastard. His leg was so big I couldn't make the shift to 3rd gear.

I did, however, kick ass on my motorcycle test. Not a single point, and I did the giant slalom and the braking test in near-record time. Then I watched a guy on an electraglide plow every single cone on the slalom. Good times.

·
Registered
109 Posts
when signaling (on every turn i might add, along with changing lanes...) make sure you do it somewhat far in advance. also, if there is a quick stop, make sure you look into the rear view mirror and just stare at for a second or two, i lost a point on not looking in the rear view when i had to stop for a light somewhat quickly. if you come up to a stop sign that has a obstruction when looking left/right/both ways, stop behind the sign, sit there for a few seconds, then start creeping up. i made the mistake of just stoping farther ahead to see and that knocked off a few points. thats all i can remember atm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts