ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have been running the XPT stage 3 tune on my 06 for a few months.... its GREAT. ive upgraded the stuff i need for the "race" version which is tuned up to 19.5 psi on the vf39. Now that ive done these extra things, seems these 2 websites arent ok. the osecureroms is gone. and xpt tuning wont let me checkout. Anybody happen to know who runs these sites? I may need an e-tuner as i refuse to buy an Ap. They work great, just overpriced for what it is. Worse case, ill learn myself. Im a subaru tech so it shouldnt be that difficult to learn.

Thanks!
-J

·
11,224 Posts
It's difficult to learn, Subaru tech or shade tree mechanic. Anyone can hobble together a remap of their car but doing it right takes a solid amount of knowledge and time.

Considering the world is in the middle of a pandemic and shutdown I'd say your issues are possibly linked.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
I fully support DIY, but patience is key. I spent years honing my own skills, and I'm still very much amateur. I refuse to help anyone else with tuning except my close friends due to liability.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's difficult to learn, Subaru tech or shade tree mechanic. Anyone can hobble together a remap of their car but doing it right takes a solid amount of knowledge and time.

Considering the world is in the middle of a pandemic and shutdown I'd say your issues are possibly linked.
yes i totally agree, ive been reading about it slowly for months proir to this because i would like to start learning. And i was thinking thats what the issue is, the server that runs these 2 sites is probably run on a server at a business thats shut down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fully support DIY, but patience is key. I spent years honing my own skills, and I'm still very much amateur. I refuse to help anyone else with tuning except my close friends due to liability.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I completely understand being like that with helping others with it due to liability, scary thing if your tune blows a car up accidentally. Things happen. Someday ill learn haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
The owner of XPT is Braden and his business contact email is [email protected]; You can try to contact him through that if you want. My first foray into tuning, I bought his stage 2 for my car, this was years ago now but it was good enough to keep my car going until I taught myself how to tune. Now I'm running my own full speed density tune and started a Subaru tuning business. I did have tons of experience tuning Honda's before all of this but regardless, being able to tune myself was the best thing I ever invested time into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts