ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a good deal of a set of gunmetal 17" rims. It states it is 42mm offset!! Anyone can tell it can fit on a 02 WRX!!!!!!

I need to make the decidion quick !!! Please help!!!!
:confused:

·
Moderating YOU, before you had your Subaru!
13,353 Posts
Probably not. It'll depend on the width of the wheel, even with an 8" wide wheel, a +43 offset is pushing it.

·
13,353 Posts
It'll depend on the spoke design too. +43 probably works fine for your wheels, but more than likely they won't work for most other spoke designs. I guess we just need to know what kind of wheels we're talking about here :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am running 18x7.5 rims with a 42 offset... My tire is a 225/40/18.

If you go any further than a Pro-kit 1.5" drop you will most likely have rubbing issues. I have the pro-kit and really don't have any issues at all... only once in a blue moon will I hear the rear tires rub when I go over a really big bump...

Other than that to me the offset looks cool because your tires sit flush with your fenders. Some have said that an offset that high is hard on your wheel bearings because they were not designed for it.... but I have not seen a post yet from someone with a 42/43 offset that has had to replace their wheel bearings prematurely.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AUTO228 said:
I have a good deal of a set of gunmetal 17" rims. It states it is 42mm offset!! Anyone can tell it can fit on a 02 WRX!!!!!!

I need to make the decidion quick !!! Please help!!!!
:confused:

So, it can fit or not!!:confused:

It is 17x7, 40mm offset. If that fit, what size of tires is the best with stock spring!!!!!!!:wiggles: :wiggles:

·
13,353 Posts
We can't say for sure if it'll fit or not. Some will, some won't. It all depends on your drop and the spoke design.

·
13,353 Posts
Blue EJ20 WRX said:
What's a normal offset for a WRX with 7.5" wide wheels?
Like 48mm, right?

If so, would offsets near that fit? Like 46, 47,49, etc.
Yes, most likely, but again...the lower you go, the more dependant it'll be on the spoke design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts