ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting rims for my 12 wrx sedan. I want to go as wide as possible because I love the look and I am thinking about staggering as well. If someone could help me with the maximum widths for front and back that would be great. I don't think I want to go higher than 18s as well since I plan on lowering the car as well. As much help as you can would be much appreciated

·
Registered
279 Posts
You DO NOT STAGGER wheels on an AWD car.... nor do you ever put wider tires in the rear than in the front.... That is, unless of course, you actually want to blow up your center diff and ruin your car lol

To answer your other question... 18x9.5 eith a ~40mm offset is the widest you can fit without doing MAJOR fender and suspension work, you'll still need to probably roll the fenders running a 265/35_18 tire, which is the correct fitment for that size of wheel, if you want to stick as close to original wheel diameter as possible (to avoid messing up the speedo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You DO NOT STAGGER wheels on an AWD car.... nor do you ever put wider tires in the rear than in the front.... That is, unless of course, you actually want to blow up your center diff and ruin your car lol
lol this is why i post to figure out what not to do.

i don't know how to roll the fenders, is there a DIY here somewhere? and with 18/9 would i have to?

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
with AWD you will want to keep the same rim and tire size all around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts