ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm surpsied, but then I'm not. Ricky has never been quite right in the head for whatever reason. He's been better the last couple seasons, but still not all there.

Best wishes to him I guess....hope he finds something that makes him happy.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
F**K YOU RICKY FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY GOOD NIGHT, WHAT A SELLOUT .
does he not realized this franchise was built around him and is practically screwed now. so the devil really is a jets fan.

meh, we still got shaq and the heat, the marlins and 'canes.:)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pjdwrx said:
I'm surpsied, but then I'm not. Ricky has never been quite right in the head for whatever reason. He's been better the last couple seasons, but still not all there.

Best wishes to him I guess....hope he finds something that makes him happy.

yea i read a article in espn mag a while back about him. he suffers from depression and other anxiety disorders if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
ebr0t said:
yea i read a article in espn mag a while back about him. he suffers from depression and other anxiety disorders if i remember correctly.
yeah, maybe he quit taking his pills for a week and finally snapped. but what an *******, why must he pull this crap after the draft and after free agency and after all the good backs were signed. wasnt master P his damn agent for awhile, his money will run out, my dad said all the local callers all calling the radio stations pretty pissed off. :mad: :mad: :(

although, the last 4 teams to win the SB didnt have a big standout player, maybe its a blessing in disguise. just tryin to think positive.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
yeah, maybe he quit taking his pills for a week and finally snapped. but what an *******, why must he do all this crap after the draft and after free agency and after all the good backs were signed. wasnt master P his damn agent for awhile, his money will run out, my dad said all the local callers all calling the radio stations pretty pissed off. :mad: :mad: :(

although, the last 4 teams to win the SB didnt have a big standout player, maybe its a blessing in disguise. just tryin to think positive.
what's your def of a "standout"

btw teh dolphins SUCK!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
right, cuz TEAMS win SB's not standout players. a stand out player can be shut down easily enough with the right approach, like the pats used to shut down Ricky like turning off a fawcet...but a good TEAM is hard to hold down!

-tp

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
CustomS10 said:
what's your def of a "standout"

btw teh dolphins SUCK!
do they have a franchise player, a player where, other than new england fans, u see people wearing a pats jersey for that player... ie miami's ricky williams/bears brian urlacher/chargers LT

and u suck... :p

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
do they have a franchise player, a player where, other than new england fans, u see people wearing a pats jersey for that player... ie miami's ricky williams/bears brian urlacher/chargers LT

and u suck... :p
a standout player is only because the rest of the team is TEH SUCK, back win the dolphins had marino it was all marino jerseys cuz the rest of the team was teh suck. look at the rams of the SB winning years. faulk, warner, holt, etc...

world > dolphins :tongue:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
CustomS10 said:
a standout player is only because the rest of the team is TEH SUCK, back win the dolphins had marino it was all marino jerseys cuz the rest of the team was teh suck. look at the rams of the SB winning years. faulk, warner, holt, etc...

world > dolphins :tongue:
no, people all had marino jerseys because he f'n ran the nfl for 15 yrs and holds every big passing record there is. you still see people walking around in #13 jerseys, he was a standout and a star. and the rams only won 1 SB.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
no, people all had marino jerseys because he f'n ran the nfl for 15 yrs and holds every big passing record there is. you still see people walking around in #13 jerseys, he was a standout and a star. and the rams only won 1 SB.
ya sorry i didn't mean to put the S on years. the Rams won it in 00. anyways how many non dolphin fans do u know/think that wore a Marino jersey??? not many. it's like a non bear fan wearing a payton jersey or a non jet fan wearing a namath jersey.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Teep said:
right, cuz TEAMS win SB's not standout players. a stand out player can be shut down easily enough with the right approach, like the pats used to shut down Ricky like turning off a fawcet...but a good TEAM is hard to hold down!

-tp
You have to think about all they gave up to get Ricky. I don't remember exactly the terms of the trade, but it was something like two 1st round picks, and a boatload of other picks which they could have used to build their team up...instead they're left with nothing.

·
Registered
72 Posts
BlueSubie02 said:
F**K YOU RICKY FOR RUINING A PERFECTLY GOOD NIGHT, WHAT A SELLOUT .
does he not realized this franchise was built around him and is practically screwed now. so the devil really is a jets fan.

meh, we still got shaq and the heat, the marlins and 'canes.:)
First off lets just take a look at NFL history.

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders

All hall of fame running backs retired in their primes. Hmmm given the choice to take a large sum of money and leave the game that dishes out a huge beating and physical harm to live and enjoy my life, health, and money for the rest of my life is an offer that no sane person would pass up.

Your a punk ass ***** who probably hasnt played a down of football in your entire life. Dont come back and tell me that you have cause if you did you know where this guy is coming from. Ever been to a football practice for.......pee wee leagues? Most fat people of today couldnt handle 5 mins of what these little kids go thru. Now can you imagine all the work, sweat, blood, and pain these athletes go thru just so you can sit on your fat lazy ass on a sunday drink and swear about how Ricky didnt get that first down??

All in all he paid his dues and gave his all for the past 5 years. His decision to leave is his. Its better to leave on top then washed up and forgotten like that sell out Emmitt.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
turbotech said:
First off lets just take a look at NFL history.

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders

All hall of fame running backs retired in their primes. Hmmm given the choice to take a large sum of money and leave the game that dishes out a huge beating and physical harm to live and enjoy my life, health, and money for the rest of my life is an offer that no sane person would pass up.

Your a punk ass ***** who probably hasnt played a down of football in your entire life. Dont come back and tell me that you have cause if you did you know where this guy is coming from. Ever been to a football practice for.......pee wee leagues? Most fat people of today couldnt handle 5 mins of what these little kids go thru. Now can you imagine all the work, sweat, blood, and pain these athletes go thru just so you can sit on your fat lazy ass on a sunday drink and swear about how Ricky didnt get that first down??

All in all he paid his dues and gave his all for the past 5 years. His decision to leave is his. Its better to leave on top then washed up and forgotten like that sell out Emmitt.
not sure bout payton and brown but i know barry didn't retire in his prime man. You play sports for the fun of it, thru good and bad. He obviously played for the $$ which IMO he's a p*ssy. Let's not even get into the money hungry athletes nowadays. he's done he's gone he wasn't worth the $$ spent on him and he won't get into the hall of fame. end of story. case closed. book over.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
funny thing is i dont know who ricky williams is... time to do a search lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
CustomS10 said:
not sure bout payton and brown but i know barry didn't retire in his prime man. You play sports for the fun of it, thru good and bad. He obviously played for the $$ which IMO he's a p*ssy. Let's not even get into the money hungry athletes nowadays. he's done he's gone he wasn't worth the $$ spent on him and he won't get into the hall of fame. end of story. case closed. book over.
I'll give you Payton if you really want. Barry and Brown for sure! Why are people still beggin Barry to comeback? Everyone knows Barry gave up, in the midst of his superstar career. As far is "its just a game" thats bull****. Look at college sports, its not just a game my friend its a MULTI BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS! Nowadays you play to get paid, its that simple. Not saying its right but thats how it is.

By the way i never said he would go into the hall of fame. I dont agree with the abrupt decision either, he didnt give his team a chance. Which is low, but makes you think what the dolphins did to him to deserve that. Oh and he was worth the money, look at his stats from the past two years. He is a great RB, and deserves credit for his accomplishments.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts