882 Posts
That looks hot!
I know what game is going to be holding me over til GT4 now

·
Registered
882 Posts
gusto said:
why cant we get it here???

if we buy it from a UK shop will it work on a US PS2?
No, you`ll need a mod chip

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks like it's going to be more sim than arcade. The physics are pretty realistic from the looks of these videos. :eek:

I guess some people will find it too difficult to be fun, but I hope they don't 'dumb' it down for the consoles.

How is this not released in the US??? :mad:

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
ok i am buying a PS2 (well trading some stuff) strictly for this. ive NEVER been a game person past orginal nintendo and sega genesis...

so do any of you guys know how i can score a mod chip w/o having to go on a video game forum etc etc???

·
Registered
273 Posts
ssamurai26 said:
No, you`ll need a mod chip
you will also need a PAL compatible TV, or a PS2 - VGA adapter, a computer monitor will work and much easier to find then a PAL tv in north america :)

even with a mod chip in the ps2, pal performance is kinda sketchy, best to buy a PAL ps2 from overseas.

i just wish they would give us these good games!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Or you can wait until Late August/Early September and get the PC version with better graphics and controls. GoGamer.com should have the import for about $39.95. The PC version is not regulated by NTSC or PAL or other nonsense, so it will work without modding.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Sun Chemical said:
Or you can wait until Late August/Early September and get the PC version with better graphics and controls. GoGamer.com should have the import for about $39.95. The PC version is not regulated by NTSC or PAL or other nonsense, so it will work without modding.
yeah...then ill have to build a machine that is worthy or playing it on....booo to all this crap.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I downloaded it for xbox. Pretty good game. Physics are fantastic if you like that kind of thing. Graphics don't compare to rallisport2 but I think the physics alone puts it on par. Btw this was a PAL version and I played it just fine on my ntsc xbox.

·
Registered
273 Posts
actually i have a friend that has a modded xbox with the executer 2 chip,

he downloaded richard burns rally off some newsgroup the other night...

he says it plays fine!!!!

me want!!!
me want!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got the matrix mod chip with pogo pins so I didn't have to solder it to my xbox. You can see what has been released by out on the net by going here www.nforce.nl . That site tells you who released it and that it should be available on the net. I usually get my stuff off of the newsgroups. This site reports what's been uploaded to what groups www.newzbin.com . I bought my chip from www.easybuy2000.com . Sorry I took so long to come back lol.
Oh ya I forgot this too http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

·
Registered
483 Posts
So how do you get the 'nzb' files?

I don't see it on my ISP's news server. :(

Are there alternate news servers that are better?

·
Registered
17 Posts
burgerboy said:
So how do you get the 'nzb' files?

I don't see it on my ISP's news server. :(

Are there alternate news servers that are better?
You don't need the nzb files. This is a Faq they post periodically on alt.binaries.cd.image.xbox . I hope this helps.

·
Registered
165 Posts
GoGamer.com is importing it. I already have my copy on order.

It's the UK version but it still works.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts