ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a friend with a integra LS, he wrecked his GSR and still has the motor and is planning on swapping some parts from it. He won't tell anyone what he's planning on putting under the hood but he says it will all be naturally aspirated. This guy wants to race me for $200. Right now all my car has done is the 3" bosal catback and no resonator but he doesnt want to run till this spring and there will definatly be more mods done to my car such as short ram intake, multiple suspension upgrades, 17' wheels, possible downpipe and uppipe, and maybe new intercooler/radiator hoses. Whatever he's doin i dont think its gonna match my car w/out a turbo or supercharger kit.

Another guy has one of those celicas with the body kit and all he's got is intake, headers and one hell of a stereo(aka makin the already slow car slower) its also got nitrous but i think my girlfriend could outdrive him. He's run his car against mine on a 1/8mi and i ran a 9.6 at about 72mph and he ran a high 11. I asked if he wanted to go back there and run but he said its too short so he'd rather do it on an open road where he can get stomped worse but im not really into street racing ( if i got a ticket for racing/speeding/reckless driving or anything involved in street racing it would be byebye rex hello SUV)

I would like some feedback about the first car such as possibilities of making that car faster than mine but the second was just for a laugh. thanks.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Make it $500 and flog his ass.

Naturally aspirated should mean no nitrous for him, though. Just go catless, get some engine management or whatever and go to town on Uncle Ben.

EDIT: unless this guy is going to fully gut his car and has $1000's to spend on some crazy N/A setup (which can be fast), you'll be golden.

·
Registered
907 Posts
dont accept till he has his car running and ready to race.

Make him let you look under the hood...Look for N20 lines.

Ask him to start his car...dont listen for how loud it is, but listen for the actuall exhaust pulse...if it is deep and thumps hard be warned also you might feel it more than hear it...also feel the exhaust coming out of the tail pipe...if it puts a lot of pressure against your hand be warnned...Both those are signs of really high compression.

If he is running street tires you will have an advantage in that catagory.

In the mean time i suggest you get a catless up pipe, catless down pipe...if you want to keep one of your cats get the shorter of the down pipes...they make use of the stock mid pipe. Bell mouth will give you better flow over the stock style DP flange. Beware of some of the divorced waste gate DPs as some of the dont bring te waste gate gasses back in the right way.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
assuming you have a 5speed and can drive, if you do a full TBE plus uppipe you should be good for ATLEAST high 13's. if you pretty good at driving you could easily attain mid 13's.

A GSR engine has a butt load of potential. But, without a turbo its not going to be reaching what it can. If he does basic bolt on's, builds up the engine with some built internals, engine managment, etc.... he will be running 13's

If he wants to race a wrx, than I assume he has some pretty big plans, so you should def. see what he is running before you race.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
It would be even funnier if you want with some nutty Stage 4 setup w/ an 18g, FMIC, etc. before the race. I mean, he never expected you to tell him what's on your car. That would be one sad ricer if you did something along those lines. :D Just tell him that you installed a few bolt-ons - it wouldn't be a lie.

·
Registered
664 Posts
if the race is already illegal, do what the local Fbody guys do....

Make friends with a stage IV wrx owner who has the same color as you, switch plates and split the money.

I hate street racing, but if your gonna do something ghey... might as well involve a little extortion

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
welp i got some inside info on the integra and found out these plans:

Sticking with the 1.8l LS motor
GSR head
NOS...whatever the kit that guy in the eclipse had in Fast and Furious.
and his GSR transmission since the LS doesnt have 3rd.

by the way this kid drives hes gonna blow up his car with Nitrous.

As for the celica, i talked to that guys brother and that thing is stock except for nitrous and intake.

Thanks for all the input on that though.

The reason i know these guys is because i go to school with the integra driver and the celica skis with me.

So what do ya'll think i should do with my extra 500 or so dollars this spring?

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
joshinboone said:
welp i got some inside info on the integra and found out these plans:

Sticking with the 1.8l LS motor
GSR head
NOS...whatever the kit that guy in the eclipse had in Fast and Furious.
and his GSR transmission since the LS doesnt have 3rd.

by the way this kid drives hes gonna blow up his car with Nitrous.

As for the celica, i talked to that guys brother and that thing is stock except for nitrous and intake.

Thanks for all the input on that though.

The reason i know these guys is because i go to school with the integra driver and the celica skis with me.

So what do ya'll think i should do with my extra 500 or so dollars this spring?
if hes on the bottle, it all depends on how large of a shot he is running. with Ls motor, gsr trans, Gsr head, and i am assuming he has basic i/h/e bolt on's he is running around mid 14's N/A
that alone is good enough for him pull on you from a roll. On the bottle, I dont really think you have a chance. anything over a 50shot and he will walk you HARD! even once you get your mods, a hundred shot will give him all he needs to pull on a lightly modded rex.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
349 Posts
Traction is key. If he is on drag radials or slicks and a big enough shot he can take you. If he is running nitrous with street tires I am guessing you should beat him if you can drive. Good luck.

·
Registered
289 Posts
With the $500 you have I would probably go with a Cobb Accessport. If you a have a little more money I'd gut your stock uppipe and buy a used stromung dp ($150) and you'll be at stage2. All for under $1000... and you can probably throw in your intercooler piping too.

I'd say you'd be able to hold off the ls/vtec integra as long as he doesn't use a huge shot of nitrous. If he's pouring tons of money into his setup than theres really nothing you can do besides get a bigger turbo setup. I've seen ls/vtecs run anywhere from low 15's to mid 13's all motor... add in a shot and it could be pretty deadly. Good luck and go get some mods :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a lot of friends running b series honda motors and there runnin fast!! one is a b20 hatch thats stripped but completely na and he ran a 12.5 on slicks his brother has a ls integra with vtech heads and also all na but with type r cams and he ran a 13.2 so if hes really into racing be aware if not u could jut be up against a [email protected] integra running 15s or 16s. good luck

1 - 18 of 18 Posts