ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my windows tinted by these guys called Infamous Graphics...i think it was like 150 dollars for the tint job. The other day i scraped a bit off putting my bike in the car. I just called the bastards. They want 50 dollars to remove the old tint, and 80 dollars to replace the tint. Is it just me or is this a LOT a bit steep for this? Yea basically im not going to do it. Anyone know anybody that sells high quality tint film? Its not a curved window its one of the side windows so im sure i would be able to do it without much of a problem. I would get the crap from advanced autoparts but im pretty sure that crap would peel off or fade. hook me up with some i net locations that sell this stuff!

·
Thinking Man's Engine
3,013 Posts
sorry...but the tint is sort of fragile. Using ammonia based glass cleaner destroys it. It's not totally scratch-proof.

the price of the replacement tint is steep...but it takes a lot of prep work to remove all the adhesive so the replacement tint adheres properly.

Sorry you can't really blame them for your little goof-up.

Their lifetime (if it is lifetime) warranty doesn't cover you accidently scratching the tint.

You're SOL.

buying some other tint....you probably won't get a perfect match

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
You should probably shop around to see what other tint shops in yr area will charge for removing and re-tinting an area. I had tint removed on my two front windows at a stereo shop for only $15 bucks, some scratches/adhesive left.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a place that will do it for 40 bucks so :p at you tan! haha jk. Im goign to remove the tint and scrape the glass myself...i took the tint off my front windows after like 20 tickets so i know what a pita scraping that adhesive off is! Im just worried that one window will be a different color slightly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts