Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving in to Chicago from Rockforsd this morning, and I must have seen a dozen WRX's cruising around. I started by exchanging waves with a blue wagon in Rockford on Rt 20. Then I parked directly across from a silver wagaon if Lake Forest at DogOut. I exchanged compliments with this guy as well. When I left there, I saw a blue sedan (like mine) headed the other way on Half Day. I got on 94 to actually head back to the city and found myself behind a silver wagon, then behind a blue wagon, then saw a silver sedan in the right lane, then a blue sedan headed north... You get the idea.

What all of this leads to, is my desire to get a bunch of us together and go for a drive sometime. How cool would it be to see a line of REX's cruising around. Just something I'd like to do. Anyone else? Have a great day.

Matt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im up for that. Im more than likely to be open on a saturday afternoon this could be a thing to do on a saturday, watcha think?

·
Registered
64 Posts
This has been discussed, but never came to be. I would be game as well. I need a few weeks notice though, since I'm a family man, and have commitments with my wife and little ones.

·
Registered
20 Posts
How about the 12 of next month? Afternoon? evening? I am go either way. Location?
This would be a great every saturday thing to do, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't do the 12th as I will be out of town. I would suggest the 19th, but I am taking some newbies autocrossing. So what about the 20th? And I was thinking afternnon. I will need the morning to wash her and make her look all nice for the cruise. Anyone else?

·
Registered
110 Posts
This sounds like an EXCELLENT idea! I'm game for this. The border's meets are cool, but people don't cruise before or after. Hopefully my car will be running by the time we get this organized. :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
id like to be part of this. i saw a lot of wrx's out on friday as i was coming home from loyola. i loved it, until i got to gurnee, and i saw a line of pt cruisers. i wondered how awesome if that was all wrx's???? i hang out sometimes at the mcdonalds nostalgia at gurnee mills and i see a few wrx's pop up. theres me, whos been there from the begining, and a new guy with a nice clean silver wrx that comes up there too. its a nice hangout, but toooo many ricers acting stupid in their ugly cars. damn.

as long its on the weekend, id be up for it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hows Busse woods in Schaumburg for our meeting spot? Lots of cars and motorcycles meet up and hangs out there during the weekend

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am not sure where that is, but I am game. I would love to go out to the Borders meeting on Thursdays but I wouldn't be able to make it out there until 9 or so. By the way what time are those meetings? Maybe I could stop by. I look forward to meeting some of the local guys. It will be nice when I get that up pipe and need some installation help. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Matt-The borders meet normally starts up at 7pm and goes till whenever (I've been there until 11:00pm and there were people that were just showing up)! Check on the MidWest I-Club forum for updates. The meeting place changes from time to time. THere are normally at least 20 subies (mostly wrx's) there. BTW, I've done quite a few uppipe installs so I can help out. I can normally do it in less than 3-4 hours by myself, so with at least 2 people working on it, it should be less time. Only problem is that I'm located up in Gurnee...

ellinopedo182-I stopped by at the McDonalds Nostalgia at Gurnee Mills last Friday and was surprised to see that it is a hang out spot. I also saw the silver wrx with the body kit. Unfortunately I was in my 4runner since my rex is getting a "make over." :) I think there was a HUGE PT cruiser meet at Six Flags. It was amazing to see HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of pt cruisers leaving six flags.

Lets get this setup! I'm open during the evenings every night...

·
Registered
306 Posts
the guy with the bodykit in gurnee has an automatic wrx, just like me. it tried racing me a while back and i beat it by about .5 car lengths. it then had a good amount of mods, but he probably had done something wrong in his setup because i beat him. anyhow, im there every so often, but im the type of person that doesnt show off my car. so if i am there, u have to look closely towards the very ends of the parking lot because i dont like the attention. too many jeleous freaks out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sound Like a Good Idea

Ive only had my WRX for a few weeks but would be interested in a cruise day/night. I live in Elgin but work up in the Gurnee area. I haven't been to the Borders Thursday night gathering yet but will try to make one of the upcomming events. I know that the 'Car Boutique' in Schaumburg has a cruise night every Thursday night in their parking lot. I went a few times last year. Mostly imports. Look forward to meeting some of you soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you guys want to roll out next weekend? The 20th (sunday)

I just remembered there is an event over @ GLD (import drag racing) how about we all meet and roll over there?
Just an idea...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hell yea! Me and my other WRX buddy, Josh, would be more that happy to roll with you guys. We're kinda getting bored out in the suburbs hanging out with other imports and stuff....so a WRX gang for the night would be fun. So whats the Borders scene like? I've been up to shaumburg for streetracing before but there are so many police. I read that on the highway by Shaumburg there are cops in a road-construction vehicle that bust racers....just keep an eye out (speedtraps.com)

·
Registered
20 Posts
HomeliteXL where In Du-page area are you in exactly? Im in County as well, Woodridge/ Naperville area. Also are you guys planning on going to this coming Thursday meet (10/17)? If so we can cruise down there together.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Me and my other WRX friend live in Hinsdale, but we're always out at Four Corners (Downer's Grove...White Castle)...but more often you can find us at the Taco Bell on 75th in Naperville. We havent gone up there in about a week...but we're usually there 2 or 3 nights a week....look for us on Fridays and Saturdays...a silver WRX and a red WRX. We're lookin' for more WRX's to roll with.

·
Registered
306 Posts
where in gurnee do u work? this is to beachpig.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The HomeliteXL said:
Me and my other WRX friend live in Hinsdale, but we're always out at Four Corners (Downer's Grove...White Castle)...but more often you can find us at the Taco Bell on 75th in Naperville. We havent gone up there in about a week...but we're usually there 2 or 3 nights a week....look for us on Fridays and Saturdays...a silver WRX and a red WRX. We're lookin' for more WRX's to roll with.
I think Ive seen you guys over @ 4 corners a few times Im not sure if you'd remember seeing a Black rex (sedan)- tinted windows, gauges on the center dash or my red DSM- black rims passed through white castle's parking lot a few time here and there. If you have, well that was me... Ill stop if by chance I see you guys out there again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty sure I've seen the red DSM. Hey, do people still roll out to four-corners or Taco Bell now that it's all cold out? My friends are all such b*tches with the weather so it's been like 2 weeks since I've been out there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts