Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the sport part, here's the utility part. What you can't see in the photo is what's in the back: 360lbs redimix concrete, 50 6' cedar fence slats, post hole digger, hardware, 90lb dog, aprox. 20lbs dog hair.

:D

My question is, what's the sport part of a Suburban??

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
20 lbs dog hair. LOL
These cars can do anything!

-Josh

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yup, that's the way i like to see the Rex represented. An every-day real man's car that can get the JOB done! And after work, unload her and enjoy the ride home under WOT!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I picked up a new 27" TV a few weeks ago and it slid right in the back no problem. On the way home I thought to myself "27 inch Tv in the back and 0-60 in under 6 seconds, try that in a vette"

·
Registered
444 Posts
Subaru put the Sport in SUV

My WRX wagon is my SUV. Subaru put the Sport in SUV. Those typical "SUVs" are actually UVs. There's no Sport in a vehicle over 3800 lbs that is at least 2 seconds slower to 60 mph and probably couldn't pull more than .8 Gs.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Ahem.. Sorry to burst your bubble on this topic but check out the Porshe Cayenne, nuff said...

-alex
WRX Wagon Driver

·
Registered
444 Posts
As I said, "typical" SUV. The Cayenne S is not your typical SUV, and besides, costs about $90k. For that much money, I could have 3 fun cars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WTypeRogerX said:
As I said, "typical" SUV. The Cayenne S is not your typical SUV, and besides, costs about $90k. For that much money, I could have 3 fun cars.
And a GREAT comeback it is! Awesome to see the utility part of the wagon shining through...keep it up!

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
i think it is, really i dont notice much of a difference between a wagon and a suv. im sure many of us use the wagon much more then any soccer mom uses her suv in the way of actually carrying things that suvs were intended for, and being rugged. I was behind an expedition that was doing 5-10 miles per hour ove speed bumps, and they werent even bad speed bumps

·
Registered
444 Posts
Not to hi-jack, but is this for real? Doesn't look Photochopped.

Link doesn't work. Rt-click properties and paste into new window or click on link above and go to limo pic in wrx_pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
WTypeRogerX said:

Link doesn't work. Rt-click properties and paste into new window or click on link above and go to limo pic in wrx_pics.

Lol I've been wondering the SAME THING forever....since the first time I saw that pic btw. You're right though, it doesn't look photoshopped at all, the background isn't stretched or anything either...it definitely looks real. If it is, ROFL to that!! I wonder how that thing handles tight corners, haha...man would that be fun, driving a 227hp Limo!

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is exactly why I decided on the WRX wagon. It's so ridiculously versatile, there's literally nothing else on the market that balances performance and practicality the way this car does. The only thing that might come close is an A4 1.8T wagon with another $5k in modifications, but then you're in a whole new ballgame. I know I'm going to love this car! (delivering to my house in T minus 45 minutes and counting)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been looking at the WRX wagon for some time now and just waiting for the '04 but I think the IS 300 Sportcross is a very nice, fairly sporty, wagon except for that it doesn't have the manual. It does handle very well however and has good bottomend power from that straightsix. I did also like some of the ameneties like xenons which would be very nice since i drive a lot at night in my line of work (on-call at a hospital). Before any hatemail, I am comparing a 1 yr old used car so it is in the same pricerange but with the quality of Toyota/Lexus. It is also a very goodlooking car but that is subjective.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
camino cielo said:
I've been looking at the WRX wagon for some time now and just waiting for the '04 but I think the IS 300 Sportcross is a very nice, fairly sporty, wagon except for that it doesn't have the manual. It does handle very well however and has good bottomend power from that straightsix. I did also like some of the ameneties like xenons which would be very nice since i drive a lot at night in my line of work (on-call at a hospital). Before any hatemail, I am comparing a 1 yr old used car so it is in the same pricerange but with the quality of Toyota/Lexus. It is also a very goodlooking car but that is subjective.
My .02 the IS300 is ugly, the sportcross is just plain fugly... just my opinion

·
Registered
339 Posts
There really is no competition for a WRX wagon. You won't find a more balanced package for less than $30k.

·
Registered
0 Posts
koyokid said:
There really is no competition for a WRX wagon. You won't find a more balanced package for less than $30k.
I bought a wagon because it made more sense.. and now when my father (works for Dodge) tells me I should have waited for the SRT-4.. I can just say.. Oh, they decided to make a wagon? :D Keeps the peace in the family without having to argue about technicalities :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
not to try and make this into another SRT vs. WRX but:

GV27 said:
We all know the sport part, here's the utility part. What you can't see in the photo is what's in the back: 360lbs redimix concrete, 50 6' cedar fence slats, post hole digger, hardware, 90lb dog, aprox. 20lbs dog hair.
SRT can beat the WRX in the 1/4 mile but try doing this and in the snow. :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
WTypeRogerX said:

Wow, you guys must not use Photoshop much. Check the reflection along the side of the car. Have to be a pretty wrinkled panel to give that kind of effect... or just a rubber stamp ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts