ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks good, is this the same type of red overlay mod that they have for the hatchbacks?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
How does one tell if you are making a turn besides guessing that the blinking light is a turn signal?

well thats it basically. in the case of the 4 doors like the OP, only part of the tail light will be blinking as opposed to the whole entire thing. brake light especially on newer cars will illuminate bright enough to also have a glare to it, becomming more obvious that the brakes have been applied. Some older cars like my Mom's Honda mini van, the entire tail light blinks when using turn signals but still obvious that the signals are on.

so unless the OP has a non operative opposite brake light and third brake light, and taps on the brake in metronome. you should be okay :p

Great stuff OP! i may be using ebay as an alternative to blue bat just for my third brake light because i simply forgot about that little light when i ordered from bluebat lol.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
The lens colors were selected a long time ago by knowledgeable engineers to make a car safer. When it comes to exterior lighting function > looks.

How does one tell if you are making a turn besides guessing that the blinking light is a turn signal? Or does the yellow still show through enough? Seems like if you weren't paying close enough attention (as in most drivers on the road), you might miss the signal.
Signals need to be clear for all of the dimwits out there. You have diminished the clarity.

What about when you back up?
Clear white lights are an aid to backing up at night and a warning signal to other drivers. The red is bad. At least you did not tint the entire lens which is also bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love how that looks man.

I'm planning on buying a hatch but I think I would probably want to change the way the tail lights look on it.

I had an sti hatch pass me on I-70 going west the other day and he had left the center clear with a red strip border around the outside. I thought it looked great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts