ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am usually religious about warming my car up. I let it idle for 30 seconds to 1 minute before driving ever time, always warm car down and generally keep car between 2 - 3k revs for about 5 minutes, then start to open boost up.

Today however, and the ONLY time I have done it, I was out with some friends and as I was leaving, everyone said BOOST, and I got caught in the moment and floored it to about 5.5k revs and pretty much full WOT.

I instantly felt a pang of regret and am worried I have damaged the engine.

The car itself felt jerky like it knew it was not warm and din't want to go hard.

I am stressing and feeling stupid right now.

The other thing I am worried about is WOT at low revs. I did not even know this and only found out because I have been researching about cold engine and WOT etc, and apparantly you should not go foot flat to the floor below 3k rpms? I didn't even know this and sometimes I do floor it and I have probably been doing that below 3k rpms! I have also been in 4th and 5th gear at around 100 - 130kmh and been flooring it, and was wondering my my boost was peaking. I read it is really bad for the engine to be in 5th gear at around 110km and be WOT.

I am now double worried! Seems like everything you do has some sort of bad impact. There is honestly so much "don't do this, do this, never do that" that sometimes I feel like just going fuck it haha.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
You have two options.

Drive like a sane person and deal with any future issues as they come. Or continue to drive like a loony and deal with the future issues as the come sooner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts