ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a strange rev / boost issue that I can't seem to pin point. Looking into it it does not seem like a slipping clutch or boost creep or anything. I am stage 2 with cat less tbe. In 4 th and 5 th it seems to happen most where I'll shift into the gear and the revs go up along with the boost but it goes up much faster then the speedo. Now I thought it was a clutch issue. *But I tried the whole e brake on with third gear test and it stalled like supposed to also tried shifting to fifth and seeing if it reved and it just bogged down so I cannot figure out what is causing it. Thanks for the help in advance.*

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
Still sounds like the clutch to me.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that too but it doesn't do it everytime. Do you have another test that I can try to do to test the clutch ?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
No, but time will tell. If it's the clutch the slipping will increase. How fast depends on your habits, the extent of wear so far, and luck.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
No, but time will tell. If it's the clutch the slipping will increase. How fast depends on your habits, the extent of wear so far, and luck.
I agree. Just because it doesn't happen everytime doesn't mean it's not the clutch. It's sometimes temperature based and will probably get worse as time goes on.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Actually, doesn't the fact that it doesn't happen all the time even further suggest its the clutch?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
It just means the clutch is starting to go or possibly your over powering the stock clutch. Both my clutches,as they got to the wear point,would inconsistently slip. As time went on,they wore more and then started to consistently slip.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree with the above statements. My car started doing the same thing last year and didn't get it since it would slip inconsistently in 4th and 5th. Then driving with my buddy I tried to show him and it seemed fine, but in the end it got worse and ended up needing a new clutch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts