Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say- their prices looked very attractive- I got the replica STi fog light covers from them- nice looking units and they shipped fast. But what really wasn't up to par was customer service- they shipped my order without mounting hardware (STi covers look nice sitting on my kitchen table though)- so I e-mail them and they say they'll get the stuff out ASAP- it was almost 2 weeks later and the screws they sent are too short for the covers. Also, when I e-mailed them, I told them no instructions came with the covers and that I did not know how they were attached to the car- to this they said "Sorry, no instructions included"- I'd expect at least a little advice on the install or a PDF of the instructions e-mailed to me- oh well- I'd rather pay more and get good customer service than save some $$$ and get crappy customer service.
Jim

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
I didn't mind the lack of instructions, since my order through them was just to replace the ones that got stolen off of mine, but what did happen was that I was shipped two covers for the driver's side. I had to ship it back and it took another 2 1/2 weeks to finally get them. They look good though...still debating on whether I should paint the STi on it or not :D

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna paint the STi on- my car is a wagon, (I don't think they make STi wagons)but I like the STi look- I got an STi badge for the grill and one for the trunk lid (hatch?) as well! As far as people stealing them, I was thinking of going to the hardware store and getting a hex or a torx head screw with the same threads- no guarantee, but it's less likely someone will be driving around with those tools than a simple phillips head screwdriver.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
jedimaster said:
I'm gonna paint the STi on- my car is a wagon, (I don't think they make STi wagons)but I like the STi look- I got an STi badge for the grill and one for the trunk lid (hatch?) as well! As far as people stealing them, I was thinking of going to the hardware store and getting a hex or a torx head screw with the same threads- no guarantee, but it's less likely someone will be driving around with those tools than a simple phillips head screwdriver.
My original ones had a hex (allen) screw and they still stole it, just to piss me off! :mad: I think they had scoped out my car beforehand...

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, I'd love to catch someone doing that to my car- I would beat them unconscious!:mad:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I was happy with Recolutions on my Wheel/Tire and Replica Foglight cover order. Even though they were back ordered on my wheels, which can be expected for the price I got them for. I was very pleased with their customer support and prompt shipping. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with them though, but I still think they are a good dealer to order from.

By the way here is a pic of my replica fog light covers.

·
Registered
699 Posts
letter to revolutions (broken corner light)

My clear corner light stopped working about 2 weeks after i ordered it from Revolutionsmotorsports.com. Today i sent them the following letter:

"I ordered clear corner lights for my WRX from you about 1.5 months ago. However several weeks after i got them the left one stopped working. Today i finally got a chance to check out why it had gone out. Somehow part of the lens melted! it melted , swelled up, and turned brown in in area the size of a nickle. The area is right next to the bulb where it is held. Because of the bulb will not stay in place and the blue bulb has blown already! i was hoping as a previously satisfied customer that you could send me a replacement set of bulbs at least (and i could find a way of using glue to hold the bulb in place) or possibly a new lense and i'll send you the old one back as evidence. since it happened with the product being on my car for less than one month, I would hope that you would stand behind the product you sell and give me replacement. all the installation was done correctly and the right one is fine. Currently i put a orange bulb.
sincerely,
Daniel Van Andel"

I didn't expect the lights to work forever (i only paid $33), but i would expect that the product would be good enough to last for at least several months!! And since I know i'm probably not the only person that has experienced this we can hopefully see the dedication of a vendor, i'll post the replies as soon as i start getting them...

·
Registered
699 Posts
That was really quick. Here's there response:
" Hello,

No problem, just send back the old ones and we will ship you some
replacements. Please make sure to include a note with your address,
ect.

Thanks!"

·
Registered
94 Posts
Revolutions

Yes, they are an awesome vendor to do business with. :) I ordered some Rota Slipstreams for my '92 Civic hatch and got them shipped promptly with a receipt! I couldn't believe how fast they shipped them out to me! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
bad experience with Revolutions Motorsports

here is a copy of my post from i-club (on 10/3/02)...

......I ordered a set of Rota's (with Bridgestone S03s) from Revolutions Motorsports on August 30th......still no wheels/tires.....they did send me a set......to bad they were the wrong wheels AND tires (Kumhos)!!!!!! And it took them a week to process a recall with UPS.

DON'T BELIEVE A WORD REVOLUTIONS MOTORSPORTS TELL YOU!! I've been repeatedly lied to....over and over. Not to mention - I bought them on a sale they listed in the Vendor forum - which is suppose to be for IN-STOCK items only!

Sorry to get off-topic...but I'm a little bent right now!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I've ordered clear corners and fog light covers from Revolution Motorsport. The transaction went smoothly, but the post-sale customer service sucked! My fog light cover screws were too short to reach the bracket, and I emailed them about it...no response what so ever. The least they could have done is reply saying we can't do anything. Instead, I got nothing. That really pissed me off.

As for the clear corners, they melted after about two months. Since I only paid $28 shipped, I wasn't too worried. I didn't email them since I did not expect a response.

In summation, they have GREAT prices, but HORRIBLE customer service.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i recant anything good i said. I've been trying to reach them for almost a month now and they haven't responded. I haven't gotten my money or new lights!!!. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM IF YOU MIGHT REQUIRE SERVICE!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
blackshadow said:
DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM IF YOU MIGHT REQUIRE SERVICE!!!!!!
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'll still order those few pieces that they have for an awsome price from them, but won't count on any customer service. It's kind of sad that a company can offer great products at incredible prices, yet not have the customer service skills to back it up:(

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I called them today- told them that I was done being nice and wanted confirmation that they had shipped my grille- they told me they did it 2nd day UPS and gave me a tracking number- lo and behold, the # doesn't work- I also told them that on this board and NASIOC people were pissed off at them- and that there would be a petition to revoke their vendor status- and that others were not having their e-mails, etc. answered- so the guy tells me that the computers got the "Trojan Virus" and he went to Office Depot to get a virus scanner and would look into it. I say REVOKE THEIR VENDOR STATUS NOW!!!

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts